• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Just Purchased a 2012

timdow507

Have had many Yamaha and Honda ST's, but this is my first Connie. It has 44K miles, a custom seat built on the stock seat pan, a trunk, and a bunch of other farkles. Only got one FOB with it - the "Active" one. Already have a "Passive" FOB on order. Interestingly, I called the closest Kawi dealer, and they said 1/2 hour to program it (reasonable) but also said that they end up attempting the programming sometimes 10 times before it works! Huh....

I am really liking the 6th gear. I have had 5-speed FJR's for the past 10 years. Seems to also have a bit more room than the FJR, but that may have a lot to do with the custom seat.

Anyway, I really like it so far.

At 6'3", the wind is intense, even with a larger than stock windscreen that came with it. I am going to try a cheap clip-on and if I like it, maybe will go for a bolt on (MRA Xcreen seems to be the one to have).