• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

just wondering

I would have to say no, for several reasons. first, the zx12 is a downdraft head, the conie frame mandates a sidedraft head. Second, the zx12 crankcase is a redesign from the zx11, so I doubt there will be allowance for mounting the bevel drive assy. The zrx12's power is more atuned to the weight and general uses of the connie, and pulling HP out of the zrx is reasonably easy. Steve Shleper of the 7th gear unit and performance exhaust cam sprockets. My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!

Steve you have my curiosity piqued.. whats the difference between a downdraft head, and a sidedraft head? Inquiring minds want to know :) CP Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

I know I know !! The down draft head is angled in an upward position with the head leaning forward so the throttle body's point more upward than the the position the carbs are in on the C-10 motor. The angle would prohibit the engine from fitting with the throttle body's inside the frame. The C-10 has a single tube on the upper frame while the other bike has a 2 tube on the perimeter with space in the center for the intake and the throttle body's. CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Ok got it, thanks. I guess the down side is a leaking float valve floods the engine, with nasty results.... Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Not really, Colin. The carbs used on downdraft heads have the bowls level and the throats angled, kinda funky loking. More importantly, they all are fed by fuel pumps, so there's no chance of a hydro. Steve Shleper of the 7th gear unit and performance exhaust cam sprockets. My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!

absolutely beutiful Dan Good to see you posting here. Been missing the discutions between you and Rev and SISF 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Actually, the ZX12 motor and the ZX11 are totally different. You must be thinking about the ZZR1200 motor, which is a direct descendant of the 11. The ZX12 is derived from the Ninja 600 / 900 series as far as technology goes, and is mounted in a totally different frame design (monocoque). It is also fuel-injected. I've got a ZX12, and while it is a great motor to ride, the significant downside is the fuel consumption. I almost never get more than 33 - 34 mpg (90-octane minimum) even though I have a steady throttle hand. Abusing it puts mileage well down into the 20s.

the difference we're I'm meaning about is in the head design - the zrx is a sidedraft, the zx11, zzr12, and zx12 are all downdraft. a couple are carbed, the zx12 is injected, but they still all are downdraft. i did "mis-state" is as being crankcase. See, I learn from polititians - steve Shleper of the 7th gear unit and performance exhaust cam sprockets. My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!