• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kansas City and Surrounding Area Members!!

Rasmith

Howdy Folks!

Tom Hunt and I met this weekend to discuss ideas for this year. We’re kicking it up a little this year by not only having our impromptu RTE’s but we’re also coordinating one or two conjoined RTE’s with our neighboring areas. We want to keep the travel limited to no more than 2 hours each way while keeping to interesting roads. A couple destinations we’re looking at are Blackwater Mo and Eldon MO. Tom and I are looking for your input on other destinations. There are also events in other areas we can group up and ride to like the Spider Ride, Horseshoe Mtn Rendezvous in Greenbrier AR.
We discussed having our group at an event at one of the Local Kaw Dealers but the concern we have is ensuring the event is not just a draw to get us in the door to have the Piranhas swam us. The main goal is to bring some exposure to COG and help promote local membership. I sat down with Shawnee Cycle’s event coordinator and she was extremely helpful. A couple things she also mentioned was an event unveiling of the 2014 models in March and an Open House in April. Need ideas on this and participation if we agree it to be worthwhile. The dealer agreed to post COG info and the National Rally Poster on their Bulletin board as well as dropping COG brochures in the Saddle bags of the showroom Connies.
I’ve already posted a thread on a Breakfast RTE in Desoto KS. I’ll wait for input to that thread before adding it to the NC Events Calendar.

One thing I’d like to setup is a group list of everyone in the area to get a broadcast email off in the event of short notice rides so we’re not dependant on logging into the forum. There may already be something like that available. I just haven’t found it yet. We’d like your thoughts on this.

Tom and I are anxious to get into some good riding weather so we can kick this year off!
Hope to see you all soon!

I'm not exactly in the area but somewhere around Eldon or Blackwater would make a nice little overnighter for me. Plenty of good roads to get there & nice camping in the area also. I'll avoid Kansas though, sorry!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
I'm not exactly in the area but somewhere around Eldon or Blackwater would make a nice little overnighter for me. Plenty of good roads to get there & nice camping in the area also. I'll avoid Kansas though, sorry!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Sounds great Cliff!
Hopefully within a few weeks we'll have the particulars ironed out.

Folks,
I just sent out a broadcast email to COG and Forum members in the KC and Surrounding KS/MO area to create the contact list for area events and last minute rides.
If you did not receive an email, you either were not on my list or your email had not been updated.
So if you didnt get an email from me and want on the list, PM me or let me know here and I'll add you.

Mike and Don, I have you already

Thanks Folks!

Blackwater and Eldon both work for me. If you havn't already, I suggest you contact Gary Mazzola the Mo. AAD.
Please put tokoemo@att.net on the list.

Tony K said:
Blackwater and Eldon both work for me. If you havn't already, I suggest you contact Gary Mazzola the Mo. AAD.
Please put tokoemo@att.net on the list.

Hey Tony,

We're definately working this with Gary. Got you on the list!

Eldon RTE is on the calendar and a discussion thread started

Here is some info for Blackwater. No dates yet. Looking for input on that. I was thinking around Mid-July

The place is currently closed for the season but will try to get menu pricing to see if the price is right. If anything, this is a good stopping off spot after lunch

http://goo.gl/maps/L6dr0

http://blackwater-mo.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g44134-d657195-Reviews-Iron_Horse_Hotel_Bed_Breakfast-Blackwater_Missouri.html

Looks like Spring is finally peeking around the corner!

This Sunday is the first Breakfast Run but looks like it's going to be a little chilly and wet to be riding. Preliminary forecast is calling for snow in the morning. We'll see....

How does everyone feel about trying for a St Joe Run?  Say like, see what the weather's like on Saturday March 29?    Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood & Steaks????

Glad to see these ideas for rides. The St. Joe ride on the 29th sounds fun, as do the week breakfast outings. Thanks for coordinating these!

Rasmith said:
How does everyone feel about trying for a St Joe Run?  Say like, see what the weather's like on Saturday March 29?    Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood & Steaks????

Rick, That sounds like a good idea.

Weather is looking good for the weekend, unfortunately I have way too much to do on Saturday.  If you guys ride back through Atchison, I will waive with all my fingers!  This will be my last weekend in town, as I am moving about 30 miles south to Lansing (closer to work, kids, family, etc....)

.... However if you guys change your mind about breakfast on Sunday, I could probably slip out early (Desoto is only about 25 miles away from Lansing). 

Saturday could happen for me.  I do have 8AM soccer in 30 degree weather, but I'm pretty clear after that.

Will probably check out JT's this Sunday.

Of course, any & all are subject to last minute change...

Folks, I'm trying to get rid of an upper respitory infection and wont be able to make this ride. It's getting warmer but upper 50's may not do me any favors.
Hopefully in the next week or so..Sorry :(

I can do JT's Sunday as it's a shorter run and lower speed so the chill wont be so bad..

I coughed up half a lung on the plane from Sacramento today so this is breaking up. Actually dont feel like I just power smoked 6 packs of menthols anymore.