• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki C14 Riders and Friend’s Ride Fall 2019 [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Russell Fleming is at it again, and planned two completely new routes from two different starting locations.  :motonoises:

1st Start location:  Airpark Jiffy Mart 1 Magna Way, Westminster MD 21157 This is a 170-mile ride that will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area.  Russell Will lead this ride.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=256820&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019-10-10%27%7D

2nd Start location:  Sheetz in Marietta, PA  1158 River Rd, Marietta, PA This is a 160-mile ride that will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area.  Steve Rutter (4Bikes) will lead this ride.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=256821&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019-10-10%27%7D

Both rides are kickstands up at 9:30 AM and end up at the Thirsty Farmer Brew Works in Biglerville, PA.

Please download the attached GPX routes files

Attachments

• C14 Fall 2019 Westminster to Thirsty Farmer.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 87
  • C14 Fall 2019 Marietta to Thirsty Farmer.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 78
I assumed folks would click on the calendar links which has all of the information, but the rides are kickstands down at 9:30 from each location, and the date is Sunday October 20th.  So yes, this is the October fall version of the ride. 

Ummm  , that's how I found it  :(  just was looking thru each month , noticed 3 rallys , & not many single ride days  :eek: oh well

fish said:
Ummm  , that's how I found it  :(  just was looking thru each month , noticed 3 rallys , & not many single ride days  :eek: oh well
So pick a date and put one or five of your favorite rides together and I’ll help you route them and get it on the calendar. You could name it “Let’s Go Fishing” or something like that. These rides don’t happen without riders wanting to do them.  :motonoises:

4Bikes said:
fish said:
So pick a date and put one or five of your favorite rides together and I’ll help you route them and get it on the calendar. You could name it “Let’s Go Fishing” or something like that. These rides don’t happen without riders wanting to do them.  :motonoises:

Make sure it's a Saturday! The only day I can ride.  :) :beerchug:

Chuck Landis said:
4Bikes said:
fish said:

Didn't you forget your taxes? That was a Saturday ride.  :nananana:

4Bikes said:
Chuck Landis said:
4Bikes said:
fish said:

Didn't you forget your taxes? That was a Saturday ride.  :nananana:

Taxes took all my fun money.. :(      Better stop here getting political.

Well let's get this towards the top , I will be there , but not sure which location to start at 🤔 MD for maximum day miles or just start local, tuff call  >:D

Weather is looking fantastic for Sunday.  Choose your start location, download the route (or follow along) and let's ride.  :motonoises:

Please download this updated route for the ride #2 starting in Marietta.  I removed some slab in favor of more twisty roads.

Attachments

• COG Fall 2019 Kawasaki Friends and Riders.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 81
60 percent chance of rain Sunday  :'(  I'll be in Westminster for the start , but I'm sure the weather might determine the amount of riders.

From Marietta, I have one confirmed no show and two won’t be there if it’s raining. One is saying it’s October and as good as it’s going to be for five months so time to ride.

The weather guys actually admitted that since this was the remnants of a tropical storm they didn’t really know what it was going to do. Instead of hugging the coast, the rain is going right over our area. Instead of showers it’s now rain, and a 90% chance. Looking at the radar, I’m seeing a 100% chance. I’m cancelling the Marietta ride start 

Russell can make the final call for his ride.  Please reach out to him. The cancellation notice on the COG calendar will be for both rides.

See you guys soon. Weather happens. Sorry.

Yikes  :-\ looked at the weather radar,  that's one big storm  :truce: , guess I'll see most of you next year  :beerchug:

We are working on rescheduling this ride for Nov. 2nd or Nov. 3rd.  I can only do Nov. 3rd myself. Russell and I will work on this. Stay tuned.

Good news! The ride is rescheduled from both start locations for Sunday Nov. 3rd

Russell Fleming planned two completely new routes from two different starting locations.  :motonoises:

1st Start location:  Airpark Jiffy Mart 1 Magna Way, Westminster MD 21157 This is a 170-mile ride that will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area.  Russell Will lead this ride.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=258939&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D11%2D21%27%7D

2nd Start location:  Sheetz in Marietta, PA  1158 River Rd, Marietta, PA This is a 130-mile ride that will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area.  Steve Rutter (4Bikes) will lead this ride.

Both rides are kickstands up at November 3rd, 9:30 AM and end up at the Thirsty Farmer Brew Works in Biglerville, PA.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=258941&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D11%2D21%27%7D

Please download the attached GPX routes files
* C14 Fall 2019 Westminster to Thirsty Farmer.zip (54.87 kB - downloaded 10 times.)

4Bikes said:
See Reply #11 for revised route:  Please download this updated route for the ride #2 starting in Marietta.  I removed some slab in favor of more twisty roads.

No problem there. 49 is balmy. Historically one of the warmer early spring and fall rides we have done. I still smile when I remember us filing into Woodies in MD and it was foggy and about 36 degrees. We had a bunch of wires hanging out of our jackets. Someone asked Jack if we were crazy riding in that kind of weather. Jack said “it doesn’t hurt”.  :motonoises:

Met up with Jack Frederick and Tony Neiderer at the Marrietta Sheetz.  Rode a route of twisty back roads up to Fort Indiantown Gap and down Rt 443 through Fishing Creek. Then a run up and around Peters Mountain, and then crossed the Susquehanna River and down Rt 274 to Rt 233 and Shippensburg Road to the Thirsty Farmer.  We had a great ride, The trees were still turning colors, light traffic and two cars pulling over to let us speed past.  The temps were in the upper 40’s but overall a great sunny day to be riding.  We met up with at least 9 other riders at the Thirsty Farmer for good food and a band.  I’ll let Fish write up his perspective of his group's ride.  Note that Fish rode past our starting point to go another 70 miles to ride with those guys.  :051bye: He had his C-10, so there was a least one Concours that showed up for the ride today.

My report isn't going to be as detailed as Steve's, yes I did do 72 miles to the Westminster starting point 😁 don't remember most of the roads , as I was too busy enjoying the amazing route that Russell prepared for us to ride. We did so many wonderful twisting roads in MD & PA , the route was 170 + miles to the Thirsty Farmer for some great food , my total for this great weather day was 320mi (can't beat that) see you guys next year