• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KAWASAKI C14 RIDERS and Friend’s RIDE [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Don't miss this one.  :great:  It's worth just going for the breakfast.  You will want to do the ride as well.  :motonoises:

KAWASAKI C14 RIDERS and Friend’s RIDE

Date: Sunday April 08,2018

Meet for breakfast at the Union Bridge Fire Hall 18 West Locust Street Union Bridge MD GPS N39-34.056 W77-10.799

8:30 am breakfast buffet and route sheets will be handed out for a 140-mile self-guided ride that will end in Misty Meadows Farm. The ride will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area. Come out and show your support for Sport Touring at its finest. You will ride in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

If you would like a copy of the ride in GPS format ahead of time, contact Russell W Fleming

For more information:

Greg Puterbaugh                                                  Russell W Fleming (for GPS file)
COG AAD MD & South-Central PA                    443-375-1215 fleming@qis.net
717-632-3324 pbaugh1@comcast.net

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247368&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D08%27%7D

Russell Fleming has the ride route ready to go for you.  :motonoises:  Please download to your GPS, since it's not always a given that the ride can be shared before the start.  Don't miss this one!

Attachments

• C14 Frends Ride Spring 2018.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 84
Message from Greg.  Still waiting for the call.....

Fellow COGGERS and motorcycle riders,
    Due to the iffy weather forecast, ride host Russell Fleming has asked me to let you know that the ride may have to be rescheduled.(forcrysake, they've been playing baseball for two weeks already) Please check your email Saturday evening to know if the event is still on or not. In the meantime, please beseech your Deity for some good riding weather.
      Greg Puterbaugh, co-AAD

Here you go. Postponed as an official ride......

Fellow COGGERS,
    Sorry to inform you that the ride for tomorrow has been postponed to, possibly, in May. For you hardcore individuals who  want to ride despite the cold weather, Russell will be at the Union Bridge fire hall for breakfast and will have route sheets to hand out. You might want to bring your good friend Gerbing along.
        Greg Puterbaugh, co-AAD

Ride report for the “cancelled” Kawasaki C14 Riders and Friends
Let me tell you about the PA-MD Ride that got cancelled, basically the inside scoop on how COG works.  It isn’t normal.  :-[  :truce:  The forecast calls for a chance of snow and temps in the 20’s. The AAD Greg sends out an email saying Drats, we are going to cancel the ride but Russell is still going to the breakfast and will be handing out the ride sheets. Then my phone starts ringing, the emails and PM’s flow and all you hear is, yeah it’s cancelled but you are still going right??  Well for me, it meant starting the in the dark with temps 23-28 degrees for an 89 mile ride just to get to the breakfast. So in the end, I wake up early and say what the heck. I meet up with Jack and Fish in York, and we expect to see Russell all by his lonesome.  Nope, that’s not how COG rolls. We had a table with 14 hard core Coggers. It was the same for every conversation. This weather suxs and I just couldn’t stand it anymore, so I’m riding.  :motonoises:

unionbridge.jpg