• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KC Area Breakfast Runs

Rasmith

This goes out to the KC and surrounding area or anyone else wishing to attend.

During the warmer months many local and not so local riders meet-up in Desoto, KS At JT's Sports Bar & Grill for Breakfast. The crowd is mainly veteran riders and Bike restorers. At times there are as many as 15-20 riders and quite a few are vintage Survivor or restored bikes.

I typically hit this every other Sunday and it's a good setting with lots of stories being told during breakfast and out in the parking lot.

Arrival times are usually 7:30-8:30am. I typically hit it at 8:00am and it gets me home with plenty of time to get my honey-do's going.

I want to put this on the calendar as an informal event so it's a reminder of the Breakfast.

As far as the frequency, I'm looking for input as far as how often to list it on the calendar. I was thinking of 2x month being the 2nd and last Sunday of each month.

Thoughts?

http://www.jtsgrill.com/

http://goo.gl/maps/1wIDL

Great Idea....  just let us know and I will try and make it.

Twice a month is nice, but I doubt I personally will not be able to make it that often, but choice is always nice too.

Cool. It's more or less a recurring event. Show or dont kinda thing. Nothing formal but a great reason to get out for a fresh morning ride.

Mike Vick "Old_n_Slo" shows up for this one quite often. He's there everytime I am. He ended up selling his C14 however.

I'll give some time for responses then post it up on the Calendar in a couple weeks.

OK Riders!

I set up the first run for March 16th to get this puppy rolling. This event is a NON-COG event and is on every Sunday starting in Spring but I will put this on the calendar on a bi-weekly basis as a reminder. "Weather Permitting" Dont let the Chronic Riders see you bow out to a few sprinkles.

Calendar event :
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=200933&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D03%2D25%27%7D

Make this first one and I buy Breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we could move Saturdays weather to Sunday, I'd be going. Looks like it'll have to wait till a better Sunday

Lisa & I might be there. Her mom passed away suddenly yesterday. She was here in town, so we've been dealing with all that stuff. Lisa's dad died in 2006, so it's all going to be on her to sort out affairs.

I had no intention of showing at all this weekend, but just now SHE actually brought up the possibility of still going. It's all going to depend on how she feels in the morning. It will be both or neither of us...I'm sure not gonna leave her here alone, even though it's only a 15 minute ride for us.

If not tomorrow, we'll catch you in a couple weeks.

bikerhawk said:
Lisa & I might be there. Her mom passed away suddenly yesterday. She was here in town, so we've been dealing with all that stuff. Lisa's dad died in 2006, so it's all going to be on her to sort out affairs.

I had no intention of showing at all this weekend, but just now SHE actually brought up the possibility of still going. It's all going to depend on how she feels in the morning. It will be both or neither of us...I'm sure not gonna leave her here alone, even though it's only a 15 minute ride for us.

Tom and Lisa,
Totally understand. My Condolences.

It's a very emotional time and until you know at the moment if you're up to to event, it's difficult to plan for for it. Additionally, she may think she's up to the event, once there, the stimulus may be overwhelming. Play it by ear.

Great turnout this morning! Temp at arrival was 43 and 53 an hour later.

Out of the 20+  Bikes in attendance, 6 were Connies. Couldnt squeeze all the bikes in the picture..

Great seeing everyone!

Next scheduled Breakfast run is April 6. I plan on being there unless my son plans my grand daughters Birthday party for that day.
She's turning 6 on the 7th

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 98
bikerhawk said:

Tom and Lisa, you have our heartfelt prayers and condolences during these times.

SteveJ and Margie.

couldnt make it this morning..Heading to son's shortly for grand daughters birthday party. He's got joint custody and wasnt sure if this was going to happen at all. Crazy stuff

Lisa & I will most likely make it there also. 

Now I gotta go tell her we're going.. 

I don't expect much of a fight, though...  :motonoises:

Never mind...we didn't make it. We're fine, but my bike isn't. Won't idle at all w/o choke, dies when you give it gas...acts like clogged idle jets. I was at the end of my first tank after getting the carbs back from Steve, but the bike ended up sitting for about 5 weeks...just enough time to cause a problem. Funny, because they never did anything like this in the 6 years when I didn't even touch them.

Not a happy camper right now...