• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KC TO NATIONALS ROUTE

Your route includes about 500 miles of interstate, in June.
Shoot. Me. Now.
I've made this same trip about 8 times, in every manor
of conveyance, on all sorts of roads.
I strongly reccommend heading south and taking 160
across southern MO. Even if it adds a day to your trip,
although it never did for me.
I also reccommend Lexington over Louisville as its a
little more relaxed, but you'll probably learn more
about horses than you cared to.
What ever you choose, have a great trip.

I dont have the extra day but thanks for the advice.
I'm hot footing to Louisville in order to spend the next day on better roads. Perhaps on the way back I can take more secondaries.

On another note, I was just informed I have an install in Duncan, SC on 6/23 followed by one in Columbus GA the next week so this trip's paid for :great:

I'll be riding the roads down there for a couple extra weekends then continuing my vacation on the way home the following week. Unfortunately it will be around 7/4 so traffic might suck and an extra layer of speed prevention

I'm heading out Sunday morning as well, but I'm (gulp) trailering 2 bikes out there.

My reasons:

1) Lisa is flying in Tuesday night.  She's gone on business all next week, the week before the rally, and needs to spend a couple days taking care of business at home before heading out.

2) I have Fri night, Sat night, Sunday gigs in Lake Ozark, MO.  We're pulling out of town after the banquet Thurs night and driving through the night.  So that means I have to haul 2 saxophones, a clarinet, and a tux in addition to rally gear.

My workload has not let up at all yet this summer...in fact, I'm probably going to have to be doing some research even during the rally.  So much for a vacation vibe, but I'll do what I gotta do.

bikerhawk said:
I'm heading out Sunday morning as well, but I'm (gulp) trailering 2 bikes out there.

My reasons:

1) Lisa is flying in Tuesday night.  She's gone on business all next week, the week before the rally, and needs to spend a couple days taking care of business at home before heading out.

2) I have Fri night, Sat night, Sunday gigs in Lake Ozark, MO.  We're pulling out of town after the banquet Thurs night and driving through the night.  So that means I have to haul 2 saxophones, a clarinet, and a tux in addition to rally gear.

My workload has not let up at all yet this summer...in fact, I'm probably going to have to be doing some research even during the rally.  So much for a vacation vibe, but I'll do what I gotta do.

I'm leaving the Rally and heading straight to work in SC and GA. Not sure which is first yet but looks like me the bike will remain in the area for about a month. Shipping my work stuff down so Im packing light. :great:

Our group of four is leaving STL on Sat. morning and not arriving at Johnson city until Tues.
The "Long Way" is always the BEST way !  See Ya'll on Tues.

Tony

Tony, you're Going to miss po-ke-no night :-[

My company is filling my dance card knowing Im in the area.

June 23-Columbus GA
June 30-Columbus GA
July 4-6-Duncan SC
July 7-Columbus GA
July 14 Peachtree City GA

What is Georgia? A frigging black hole?