• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kevlar or cork clutch plates

I am ready to replace the clutch on my Connie 2011 32000 miles ex police bike
any advice on plates Kevlar or cork ?
thanks for the attention!!!

I get this bike with 27000 miles probably they used this bike for training and they burn out the clutch
this sleeps some time when I really rev high 8000+-

Before you replace the clutch, make sure the master and slave cylinder are fully functional. If the hydraulic system isn't up to snuff it can result in a slipping clutch.

For low speed maneuver's, I've heard that the police allow the clutch to slip.
Perhaps that caused the issue. Bud has a good thought. Look into that too.

Ride safe, Ted

I will echo what Ted said. For police training and confidence courses it has been and likely still is to let the clutch slip with the rear brake feathered. It makes low speed maneuvers such as tight turns, obstacle avoidance and riding straight at a walking pace possible. It would not be shocking if a police bike had a clutch with accelerated wear.