• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

LAST BLAST BEFORE #19 is scheduled 12/11/21.

lrbuck

MR
It's at the world famous Dixie Crossroads Seafood Restaurant in Titusville, FL,

Don't miss it. No excuses. More info on the events page.

Please register for this ride to eat so I can keep the restaurant up to date.

See y'all there.

Larry Buck, SE-AAD

I'll be there on what should be a familiar looking cycle to Larry. It will be great to see some folks after a long while. Anyone who would like to ride down together I am open to suggestions. Probably be headed from north augusta down toward savannah then hanging a south.

I'll be there on what should be a familiar looking cycle to Larry. It will be great to see some folks after a long while. Anyone who would like to ride down together I am open to suggestions. Probably be headed from north augusta down toward savannah then hanging a south.
I am in Savannah, there might be a few more going with me. We will keep in touch

Sure would be great to see all you knuckleheads again in one place. I'll be out on a long one but will add a few miles just to make this. See some of you at Barber. 😘

I t
I heard a noise, looked in my rear view mirror and saw him coming and sped up, but not before he hit my right side bag. I guess that is what made him go down, but no damage to my bike, and I was on a 2009 C14 at the time.
I tried to do the same thing - speed up - when I was hit from behind. Unfortunately that 40 mph closing speed was hard to accellerate away from. BOOM! 2 totalled connies, 2 hurt coggers. Maybe the c-14's are better at crash avoidance than c-10's... no wait, it's your superior riding skill! (and trust me I mean that).
BTW, he tapped you, but he had already locked his brakes and was crossed up when he made contact.

I t

I tried to do the same thing - speed up - when I was hit from behind. Unfortunately that 40 mph closing speed was hard to accellerate away from. BOOM! 2 totalled connies, 2 hurt coggers. Maybe the c-14's are better at crash avoidance than c-10's... no wait, it's your superior riding skill! (and trust me I mean that).
BTW, he tapped you, but he had already locked his brakes and was crossed up when he made contact.
It might be the C14 has a little more torque than the C10 LOL

I might go. are you staying overnight? I'm right across the river from ya

Now that jerry has a new fun bike, i dont know if his arsh will be able to handle that long a ride...lol
He may have to trailer part of the way ....lol

Last edited:
just signed up. I'm coming down. look for the black dragons. georgia is coming🤘

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_183735_179.jpg
    IMG_20211013_183735_179.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 121
Just registered! Will be driving in from Jax.
I might see ya on the road. I'm going down friday and staying with my brother in-law who works at world golf village in st. augustine. I can meet ya at buckee's which is the world golf village exit. let me know

I might see ya on the road. I'm going down friday and staying with my brother in-law who works at world golf village in st. augustine. I can meet ya at buckee's which is the world golf village exit. let me know
Cool! Great idea. Just name the time and will see you there! My Connie is blue.

i mapped it out going the scenic way is about 143 or give take miles. about 3/3.5 hours
buckee's to us1 across bridge of lions to anastastia isand, a1a all the to port orange.441 across back to us1 to dixie crossroads.
lets met at buckee's at 0645. rollin at 0700.
any other cog's welcome.
will that work neil?

More info coming shortly!
PLEASE be sure to register for a good
head count for the Dixie Crossroads staff.
Countdown: see you in 31 days!
Florida. Jo

we are leaving from buckee's @world golf village exit @ 0700 and ridin the coast down if anybody want's to join us.

Please sign up if you're coming. ;)

Larry and Joanne need a "headcount" or we may be eating takeout on the sidewalk... :)

BUMP!

Swag costs a ton of money. But there are some items you can use to earn some of the great awards we'll have for some lucky members who bring/wear any of the following:

The OLDEST COG t-shirt - doesn't need to fit......
The OLDEST Southeast COG Rally t-shirt - also doesn't need to fit.....
Longest distance ridden on your bike to the Blast
If you do an IBA Saddlesore 1000, I'll be your witness
Youngest COG member
Oldest COG member
Highest COG number.
Lowest COG number

Get off your wallets (ie, bring money) for our famous 50/50 raffle - worth every dollar for you and COG.

Keep on registering, more "Bumps" to follow.

Happy Thanksgiving 'yall

Larry

Google says I'm coming 505 miles. Who can beat that? unless I'm hauling swag and then I might cage it. .........;-)

(edit: special swag just arrived at my door. Maybe I'll bring just enough for those who signed up so I can ride!... bwahaha!!!)

Last edited:
Sadly, it seems I will not be attending. I wish my COG friends all the best in the coming years. Larry, SISF, SteveJ, et.al. my doors are always open and the (homebrew) beer is cold. TCARS!😉

Bummer, Jerry. One of these days we'll get together.

Have a great Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.

Larry

thats why im going down a day early.(st. augustine) its too far to drive over 400 miles, eat n greet and drive right back to augusta all in the same day. i'm taking backroads all the way down.

I considered riding down to S. GA - N. FL area to visit family & then ride on down for this, but it's very doubtful. Nicole has told me she's hoping to make it & visit with her old COG friends, she just can't post anymore.

Enjoy! :giggle:

thats why im going down a day early.(st. augustine) its too far to drive over 400 miles, eat n greet and drive right back to augusta all in the same day. i'm taking backroads all the way down.
Two day event for me too, but only if I drive, which I probably wlll to bring swag. (Depends on how many show up. I've got some bulky stuff that might stretch the bike capability on the way down-hint, hint..). We did the St. Augustine stopover last time we came down. Three days ( five hundred miles) home to Gainesville GA is a bit far for me, especially leaving around 1:30, headed up, if I ride. See you there.

I'm picking up 301 in hiltonia and taking it all the way to lawtey fla, 225 to fla16 to world golf village.. leaving round 9 or 10 a.m.
we are meeting at buckee's @ 6:45 sat. and taking the coast down.

I'm picking up 301 in hiltonia and taking it all the way to lawtey fla, 225 to fla16 to world golf village.. leaving round 9 or 10 a.m.
we are meeting at buckee's @ 6:45 sat. and taking the coast down.

Not sure if you know, but Lawtey is a speed trap city, so be careful

the hiltonia speedtrap was a police car, next to a liquor store beaming everybody for excessive speed

One week out! Please register so I know how much swag to bring. Thanks!

crappy georgia weather coming down! my baby will be filthy again.🥺

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-103318~2.png
    Screenshot_20211208-103318~2.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 116
kevin and I hit heavy rain from augusta to statesboro. we parted ways at 23/301 split. he headed to orange park for lodging, I headed to world golf village renaissance resort. my brother in law works there. we went to caddyshack to catch up

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_193117_228.jpg
    IMG_20211210_193117_228.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 111
buckee's location change
directly behind the gas pumps/facing store
too foggy on outer parking lot

Attachments

• IMG_20211211_055904_01.jpg
    IMG_20211211_055904_01.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 108
Good crowd, smaller room but worked ok. It was special for me to be able to see so many longtime friends and do a little bench racing.
Larry Buck and I hatched this ride 20 years ago over a couple of cocktails. It's good to see that it has lasted so long. Marty won the 50/50 raffle and is now financially independent. I may have dragged a few of you to COG, but Larry was my mentor and inspiration into membership and long distance riding. See some of you knuckleheads down the road🖕

Attachments

• Resized_20211211_121136001.jpg
    Resized_20211211_121136001.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 118
changed oil, cleaned up. READY🤘
Seat looks super nice. I knew you did the other bike's bench but hadn't seen this one yet. Looks incredible. How comfy is it?
And is that a different pillion saddle pack? Looks wider + flatter than the other one we chatted about 6 or 8 weeks back.