• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

leap day wrenching

m in sc

Street Cruiser
Had a full day of friends and wrenching 2-29. what else would you do if you had a 'spare' day'

my friend Matts TS250 project, had to mill the carb mounting flange flat due to previous owner over torquing it. David was hand forming the side panels for his xsr900, and everybody took the 2 stroke grom out. I was showing matt how closely related to his TS motor the LT250R motor i have in there is  :motonoises: Then jimmy arrived in his 67 mercury monterey he finally got the FI sorted on (we did a bit of tuning, same 390/c6 driveline as the galaxie).  Then off for burgers and the grab machine.

some of these guys i've known since i was 13-14 yrs old. Nice to have good friends to spend an 'extra' day with.  :beerchug:

not yet done, the rear 3-hole panel is now gone.

mats250-day-feb29_2.jpg

aside from the carb, straightened out some wiring and made a headlight bucket able to take a replaceable 6v headlight since the oem sealed beams are expensive.

mats250-day-feb29_5.jpg

leo snapping a pic. Note the 2-stroke smoke in the air  :great:

mats250-day-feb29_1.jpg

mats250-day-feb29_3.jpg

grab machine spoils

mats250-day-feb29_7.jpg

big blocks and burgers

mats250-day-feb29_6.jpg

Looks like we should all have a nice day, I worked on my 2 stage snow blower.
Don't expect all of you to know what I am talking about.

the guy to the left , Jimmy, leaning on my Galaxie, actually works for Husqvuarna as an engineer and did work in the snowblower division (In Charlotte NC actually).  :motonoises: