• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Left rear turn signal doesnt work

suzi74gt4920

Ive got a 2003 Connie with almost 29,000 and the left rear turn signal doesnt work. The front flashes fast like a bulb is out. I replaced the left rear bulb with 2 new ones and it doesnt work. Any idea where I should start looking? Im not the greatest electrician.

Check the socket for corrosion...the plastic lense can and will let moisture in leading to poor connectivity..

With the seat off, you should be able to see where the wires come in under the tail. They should have 2 bullet connectors in that area for each signal. Green wire is the positive to the left signal and black/ yellow is ground. The wires out to the bulbs may be gray and black/yellow on both sides. FYI black/ yellow is ground on the whole bike. Grey is positive to the right signal, red is the tail light and license plate. Blue is the brake light. All the light wires will go to a 5 wire connector under the tail or seat. Start with one of the bullet connectors pulled apart or corroded.

If wiring is in good condition and all is properly connected for the blinker I suppose it's possible for the flasher/relay for the blinkers to be acting up. Never had one on the bike do that but have with a auto. Just something to check if all the other suggestions check OK.

Finally got a chance to take the tailcone off to look at the wiring. At 1st glance it all looked good. But when I started moving it to look at all the wires the ground wire connector slid out of its connector as if it wasnt seated all the way. So I took apart and cleaned all the connectors and made sure they were all seated. Everything worked as should so I cleaned up everything and put it all back together. Thank you for taking the time all of you to give me help to figure out this issue,I really appreciate it all of you making my troubleshooting easier!