• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Like the organization change, Dec 2017

red fox

Like that this suspension/tire subject is no longer a child board under C-14. 
Separate.  Good job, moderators and webmasters!

Red Fox said:
Like that this suspension/tire subject is no longer a child board under C-14. 
Separate.  Good job, moderators and webmasters!
Subtle changes so far.  More to come as the way becomes clear.  :beerchug:

Looking good IT Team.  :beerchug:

If you haven't been to the Forum home menu lately, take a look. It's cool.

didn't take long for someone to post a C10 in the C14 section.  There is no fix for not caring.

smithr1 said:
didn't take long for someone to post a C10 in the C14 section.  There is no fix for not caring.
Stuff happens.  It's fixed.  It's Christmas.  Life is good!    :beerchug:

I have mixed thoughts on this. On one side, I like everything being easier to find on the home page. But on the other hand, I also liked being able to go straight from the C14 (or the C10) page into tires or accessories sections without having to go back to the home page first. But I do think the ease of use not having the child boards will cut down on confusion as well as the time the moderators have to spend moving threads posted on the wrong board because of said confusion.
  The down side is that now the home page seems extremely long going down the page. Probably having everything listed including a section for every single industry member probably makes it seem so excessive. Not saying it's bad. Just makes the home page seem excessively long now.

:confuse:

Cap'n Bob said:
  I have mixed thoughts on this. On one side, I like everything being easier to find on the home page. But on the other hand, I also liked being able to go straight from the C14 (or the C10) page into tires or accessories sections without having to go back to the home page first. But I do think the ease of use not having the child boards will cut down on confusion as well as the time the moderators have to spend moving threads posted on the wrong board because of said confusion.
  The down side is that now the home page seems extremely long going down the page. Probably having everything listed including a section for every single industry member probably makes it seem so excessive. Not saying it's bad. Just makes the home page seem excessively long now.

:confuse:

This change gives these once child boards more prominence and as Bob states,  should help alleviate confusion and lessen the chance for incorrect post placement.

Here's a couple of tidbits not everyone may know that can help screen navigation...

• Sections are collapsible to reduce what is seen on the page. Use the +/- to the right of Unread Posts in the section headers.
  • For quick backward navigation, use the board location path that appears under the main forum menu. It shows the path to the viewed section/board, but each portion of the path is a clickable link to navigate backward from the current board

S Smith said:
This change gives these once child boards more prominence and as Bob states,  should help alleviate confusion and lessen the chance for incorrect post placement.

Here's a couple of tidbits not everyone may know that can help screen navigation...

• Sections are collapsible to reduce what is seen on the page. Use the +/- to the right of Unread Posts in the section headers.
  • For quick backward navigation, use the board location path that appears under the main forum menu. It shows the path to the viewed section/board, but each portion of the path is a clickable link to navigate backward from the current board

I just discovered something while not at home on my computer. As such, I was not logged in. I found out that you cannot collapse sections when not logged in. I never realized it was different. I guess that tip will only work for forum members. But still good tips for folks Steve.

I just browsed the sections after logging off, and I saw the Industry Member section but the COG Wiki was next with no marketplace in between.
I logged in again to ask where it went and there it is (I miss the Emporium name though).
I'll check again when I log out now but I won't have time to retract this if I find it.  Assuming I don't find it visible w/o a login, is it an accident or an on-purpose?