• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

mjsrmiller9825

I have been trying to log into tech pages this am. A moderator helped me change password a couple of months ago. I am unable to log in with new password and don't want to change it again. I type in my password and email then continue to check box for I am not a robot and it will not accept my input and red flags my password and email. Am I the only person that cannot negotiate the forum? I do not make my living on a phone or computer but usually don't have a lot of trouble accessing sites on them. Help appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry you are having trouble. IIRC, moderators cannot change passwords... they can point you toward the "change password" or "forgot my password" functions available on the main web site. The forum should not allow you to change password. However, if you did somehow change password from within the forum, this can be a problem.

Login authentication for the forum and main website is done via the main website user profile, even though they are on separate servers. If a user is able to log into the forum, the same login credentials should work to log in the main website and access the tech index.

However, it sounds like you may be having troubles with reCAPTCHA. The "I'm not a robot" function is performed by Google reCAPTCHA. There are a few steps you can take to improve your experience:
  • Make sure your browser is fully updated (review minimum browser requirements)
  • Check that JavaScript is enabled in your browser
  • Try disabling plugins that might conflict with reCAPTCHA
You can find support related info here: https://support.google.com/recaptcha

If you are still having troubles, it is suggested to send an email with full description of what you have done and tried, along with screen shots of the login error display to COG IT (concours.org/Contact-Us)

thanks. Will give it a try. When I encounter recaptcha on other sites or endeavors they always go through. On the forum it does not do anything when I hit the box for I'm not a robot. I typically access the forum from a desktop and I hate staring at a phone. I will make a few more attempts at this and try to get some use from it since I paid for another year. Thanks

On my computer I have to clear my browser history and then reboot.
This is a COG only issue.

I have recently experienced the same issue when trying to get to the Tech Pages. I get no response when clicking the "I am not a robot" checkbox. I have no issues with login credentials and it's worked for me plenty of times in the past. Guess I'll take a look at the suggestions above.

Please keep IT posted on what you guys are finding. Sequence of actions, Error screen shots, etc. It's likely to be a small piece of information that leads to discovering a solution. Keep in mind that the login and reCaptcha is under the control of the membership management software service the club uses and COG can't actually make any changes/fixes - only report reproducible issues and find workarounds.

FYI - An issue has been identified trying to access Chalkdust or Chalkdust 2. This is unrelated to accessing the Tech List & Index, or being able to get past the reCaptcha.

Access to the technical compendiums: C10 (Best of Chalkdust) and C14 (Best of Chalkdust2) has been restored. Access to these tech compendiums is a member only benefit.