• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Long Island meet & greet

long island rider

Crotch Rocket
Hello folks, just posted a new event on the calendar. I'm thinking this will be a "start of the year social". Would like to share a few ideas for events and see if anyone else has ideas as well. We had a great first meet & greet, Let's make this one just as good. As this will most likely be a CAGE gathering, I'd like to encourage people to bring their significant other. Riders or not, we're a fun bunch, tell them to come along.  ;) Happy Holidays to all.  :a035: here is a link to the meet and greet, calendar page

Event: Long Island meet & greet
Where: South Bay Diner
Meeting Place: South Bay Diner
Address: 185 E. Sunrise highway
Meeting Time: 12:00 PM
Location Phone: 631-884-0700
Date:02/22/2014

Ok folks, at the last meet & greet, i asked everyone to fill out a short questionnaire. here are the results so you can see the "pulse" of our group so far. I was excited with the results, hope you are as well.

Questions,

1; Would you be likely to attend monthly, or bi-monthly meet & greets? 7 said yes, 1 said no, 1 no answer.

2; Would you prefer to stay local for rides, or do you prefer getting off Long Island? 5 said both/either, 4 said off.

3; How many miles do you like to ride for a single day event? Average answer was 200.

4; Would you be interested in getting together early morning and ride to another areas meet & greet? 8 said yes, 1 said maybe.

5; Would you be interested in an overnight or weekend trip? Everyone said YES!!  :beerchug:

6; Are you attending or plan on attending the national rally in 2014? 2 said yes, 6 said maybe, 1 said no.

7; Are you a seasonal rider or do you try to ride year round? Everyone said year round.  :great:

8; Do you ride alone or does your significant other usually come along? 6 said alone, 3 said both.

9; Which day of the weekend better suits your schedule for a meet & greet? 5 said either, 2 said saturday, 1 said friday or saturday, 1 no answer.

10; Would you prefer a standard location for our meet & greets or a roving location? 1 said standard, 1 said either, 6 said roving, 1 no answer.

11; How many COG events have you attended in the past 12 months? 3 said none, 1 said one, 2 said two, 1 said four, 1 said five, and 1 said six.

12; How often do you go on the forum? 4 said zero, 3 said daily, 1 said every other day, and 1 said monthly.

13; Do you look at the calendar of events for activities to attend on the COG website? 7 said yes, 2 said no.

14; If I were to host a "tech day", would you have interest in attending? 8 said yes, 1 said no.

I am looking forward to a busy riding schedule for 2014!!  :motonoises: I hope everyones as excited as I am with the results of this questionnaire. I also want to say "thank you" for taking the time to answer the questions as well. Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and happy New Year.

I'm hoping all this white stuff is long gone by the time the meet & greet tools around. Haven't had to drive the (GASP) cage to one yet. Hey, may even be nice enough to get a ride in also. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed & summon the great power of the kiPass.  :motonoises:

It was 5 the other night, it's in the 40's today and high 40's tomorrow and then 8 tomorrow night!!!! This weather is all over the place this year! If it's anything above 30 I'll ride :)

I think that is the best data gathering I have ever seen regarding future motorcycle events. I assume since you posted it, we are free to use it Roger? Of course, you will get full credit for authoring it. Lots of great, useful data there for event planning and a lot of it is not at all what I would have expected (would not think people would want to go so far, etc.).

Brian

Roger M. said:
Ok folks, at the last meet & greet, i asked everyone to fill out a short questionnaire. here are the results so you can see the "pulse" of our group so far. I was excited with the results, hope you are as well.

<snip questionnaire>

I am looking forward to a busy riding schedule for 2014!!  :motonoises: I hope everyones as excited as I am with the results of this questionnaire. I also want to say "thank you" for taking the time to answer the questions as well. Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and happy New Year.

Thanks Brian.  :great: great to have that info when planning events. I was very pleasantly surprised at the results myself. By all means, anyone can use it.  :beerchug: looking forward to a great 2014 season.  :)

Thanks for coming out today folks. Had a great time. There was a total of six for lunch. Not too shabby for February. Looking forward to spring and rousing up some newbies here on Long Island. We will be scheduling the next meet & greet shortly, stay tuned.  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug: