• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for a ring that will fit ???

ddub

Training Wheels
I'm looking for a key ring that will fit the key fob ? the hole is so small on the fob ? thanks for any ideas !!

ddub said:
I'm looking for a key ring that will fit the key fob ? the hole is so small on the fob ? thanks for any ideas !!

I think it was designed for a lanyard, like you see on digital cameras, FRS radios, or some cell phones.  I haven't seen a metal key ring that would both fit in that hole, and be strong enough to useful.

ddub said:

Get you some of these.

Cable_tie_with_screw_hole_Cable_ties.jpg

I had a small ring from an old key ring laying around in my junk drawer.  It is a little bit bigger than the ideal size, but it works none the less.

fob.jpg

b206driver said:
OK Conrad, what is it and where can I get one? Link please!

Amazon has them, http://www.amazon.com/50-Nylon-Cable-Ties-Hole/dp/B0040CW2Y6

I'm not sure if those are the right width though.

21B5c7vj7dL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm sure that you can get some locally, Menards, Lowes, Home Depot...

Google cable ties with screw hole or eyelet.

Eyelet_cable_tie_Eyelet_cable_ties_Nylon_eyelet_cable_tie_.jpg