• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for stock seatpan or Russel

johnpole

Big Wheel
I'm wanting to get a Russel DayLong seat for my 2011 Kawasaki Concours but dont' want to give up my stock seat.  Anyone have a stock seat or seatpan for sale?  Or how about a DayLong?

Jesse Angell said:
I'm wanting to get a Russel DayLong seat for my 2011 Kawasaki Concours but dont' want to give up my stock seat.  Anyone have a stock seat or seatpan for sale?  Or how about a DayLong?

Russell will not build you a seat with just the pan, I know the hard way.  I stripped my seat to the pan to save on shipping and they would not do it.  If you still want a pan, I will sell mine for $50 + shipping.

Necron99 said:
What? They use some of the foam from the old seat?

They use the original seat to see where the front stops and the back begins and other "landmarks" off the original seat.  They don't want to guess at measurements and then have the seat sent back because it is wrong.

Oh now that makes sense.  So they use it relative to you in the photos and the like.....  Got it! 

IF YOU CHECK WITH ME IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS I HAVE A RUSSEL DAY LONG SADLE SPARE READY TO GO.  I HAVE SOMEONE USING IT FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS AND IF HE DOES NOT WANT IT I WILL SELL THIS ONE.  $500.00 + SHIPPING
stevec13@hotmail.com

They will accept just the seat pan without the foam but there will be a $140 " foam charge " to do it.

Apparently no one there  has thought to take any measurements on previous builds so they need the complete seat to get reference
points on where to begin.

Skeeter

They MUST not have known who they where dealing with

Or maybe they did . . . .  :))

I have a seat, pre '94 (pan is the same for all years) with no cover, but the foam still on it.  Foam has been modified.  It may give you something to sit on for the photo reference.  Seat pan is in great condition, but does NOT have the rear brackets.

Not trying to compete with anyone, but if you can't use Cognosticator's due to lack of foam, you can have mine for the same deal he made you.