• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for the Honda ST1100 Owners Group.... ;)

dhebert20102204

JK. Rather than take advantage of the free six month membership I decided to pay the annual membership fee up front as personal commitment to be an active positive member of this well recognized and respected cadre of Kawasaki's finest sport tourer community.

I do not own a bike, yet. I've read a number of posts on what to look for in buying a C10, my preference, and have even looked at the For Sale section for a line on a very well maintained and modified/updated example of a 2000+ C10. I have been all over Craigslist, Facebook Market, Cycle Trader, etc., looking for the perfect bike - I know, like spouses there is no such thing though I try to convince my wife I am perfect. So I decided to come to the font of all things that matter regarding the Concours and to ingratiate myself as the noob with the thickest skull and to hopefully connect with someone who has a C10 they have loved for years and for whatever reason, is preparing to move on to something else, be that another ride, retirement from machines, or interest. So, if anyone here has a special machine they are about to part with, or it is your hobby to buy C10s and refurbish them to a high degree, then by all means ping me. I am happily willing to pay above the going rate for a well sorted and befarkled example.

My previous experiences with other vehicle forums and ownership has taught me an investment in the right machine is far less expensive over time. I also over maintain all of my machines, a habit formed as a kid in the mid 60s riding a modified Hodaka Ace 100 in many of the open desert races in SoCal. I have owned more than 50 motorcycles over the years, the last a 2006 Triumph Bonny Scrambler. Soul-less lump that it was. I have never owned a big tourer, though I have ridden many a friend's. So this is a new adventure for me and like most things, it's not the path you travel that makes for the experience, it is the company you keep along the way. I promise to be a good citizen and contributor when I can. I hold little ego and therefore laugh more at myself than others. I look forward to meeting others, especially anyone who lives in the Phoenix, AZ area - I live in Chandler.

Let the fun begin.

Dan The Man (I truly am the original Dan The Man)

Welcome aboard Dan!

This place can get crazy at times, but you sound like you have the proper perspective to get along inside these walls.

I hope you find a bike you love.

Thanks for the welcome runnerboy. A little crazy is good. Looking forward to finding a good well sorted C10. I figure there is no better place than COG for that to happen

Last edited:
I got a call from EBC several years ago, congratulating me for selling more ST1100 rear rotors than all other North American dealers combined...
I said WOW! cool...than I said wait a minute....ST1100? You mean ZG1000?? Nope, ST1100...........I said, ST1100?,,,,,,,I think I've sold like three in five years?........Yep....congratulations!....L...