• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

looking to switch from v65 magna to connie

x/c racer

Big Wheel
im a newer rider and have been riding a v65 magna 1100. its pretty quick but uncomfortable to ride. i always like sport bikes for performance but need comfort for longer trips. that is what brought me here. are connies comfortable for trips ? im going to go and sit on a few bikes to feel them out. the yammie fjs look nice to me too. is the power adequate ? about the same power as what i have now.the v65 pulls smooth and strong even 1-2 gears too high. how does the power feel on the connie? smooth and linear or peaky? thanks ahead

Mine pulls smoother then my Honda cage. Have you read the stuff in the FAQ here? There is some nice info there. It is only on the home page before you log in as member. Here is a link to just the C10 part. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=17619 ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

yes i have...i have read everthing i can find on them including looking at vids on u-tube. i just cant stomach the shiny chrome harley thing and want comfort with spirited performance to boot. im putting lower bars on the v65 this week to make it more ntolerable until i switch. i upgraded the front springs, freshened the shocks,put winshield on it as well as put a mustang seat on it .if the bars help a lot i may keep it and sell the old 250r and get a connie too! i read about the honda s/t having high speed instability probs,the bmw is too expensive,and this seems to be a good bike for the buck to me. i have not thrown a leg over one yet.

Gary, You're going to feel a hit in the power department on Connie verses your Magna. The Magna was a powerhouse and a sweet ride. Connie too is pretty potent and a great bike, but she is a bit different. She'll haul around pretty good, handle better than your 65, and most likely be more comfy for long hauls. Like any bike, she needs a little personalization to get her just right for you. I'm a fool for Connie, but I love the old Magnas too and still have an 82 V45 for the wife to ride. Connie's power is not really peaky. She is not a real powerhouse down low, but she is respectable from 2500 to 4000 where things start to get better and continue to grow in a pretty linear fashion to 9500. I hope this is a little help. Maybe there is someone in your neck of the woods that will let you ride theirs for a sampler. :) Stay safe and have fun.

Gary, I have both a '85 V65 Sabre and a '01 Connie. Really not much of a comparison IMO. The Sabre is a naked muscle bike with a still very respecful 100 hp or so and is both more quick and fast than the Connie. Rides rough as the rear shock limits comfort. The wind blast is too much for longer than a day ride. I love the bike and the original owner was my late brother Mark and I was with him when he bought it new on '87. The Connie is slower but not slow IMO. I have put over 200k on two Connies and consider it is the right bike for me 90% of the time. Great weather and wind protection. Nearly bullet proof as no serious mechnical problems in either bikes. Can haul enough gear to make the big trips more enjoyable. My photo page of many Concours related rides: http://community.webshots.com/user/danodemotoman Dan P. COG 2877

If you're looking for trips, the Connie's a very good bike. She can do 80 all day long quite comfortably. Bang for the buck, she beats all comers.