• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lost Keys Saga Final Chapter/ Carmo Electronics is the Real Deal

Olds7268

Wanting to post this update. Some of you all might remember me from a couple of years ago. My fobs burned up in a car fire and I was attempting to get passed the kipass system by using parts off of wrecked bike. Spent a lot trying to save a little and never had any success whatsoever. Bikes been sitting for 2 1/2 years. I finally put the funds together to send my parts to Carmo. I talked wíth Kevin at Carmo and told him the story. Parts had been moved and swapped so many times I didn't even know which parts that I had were original and what had came off of other bikes. He assured me that we could get it going. I sent him the parts and he did his thing. He shipped them back to me and I installed them. Prayed and pushed the key. Dashboard lit up and was looking good then an error pops up and power went off. Got in touch with Kevin and we discussed the problem and I sent him back the parts. He had an idea of what might be wrong. So he builds a complete new test station specifically for my bike to test Kipass, ignition, and the main ECU. So a couple days after he gets the parts I get a video of my ignition switch pushed in, working, and turning to all positions. I get the parts back, install, and my bike fired right up. The problem the first time was not Carmo's fault, it had to do with me having to change my ignition switch because I had taken the bike to a "reputable" Kawasaki dealer to work on and they destroyed my old ignition trying to get the key out because they didn't know that on a Concours the key has to be in the FSS position to remove the key. Hard to believe but true. So the first time I got the parts back from Carmo their fix was actually good. Kevin went the extra mile to help me figure out the problem even though his work was good and not the problem. So, I can only speak for myself, but a had a 100% great experience with Carmo and would recommend them with confidence.

Very happy to hear and thanks for passing along your experience.

I recall some dark times a couple years back, I hope the sun is now shining and you have years of fun riding ahead.

Wayne, Carol & Blue