• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

lowering links, a visual aid?

samh

Training Wheels
Does anyone know of a good clear diagram of how lowering links work?  I've googled/researched it but haven't found anything satisfactory.

SH

The spring/shock assembly mounts to one side of a pivot (think see-saw) the standard links attach to the other side of it and the frame.  the regular lenght sets up the rear suspension at the norma range.  by adjusting the length of the link longer or shorter you are changing where that pivot places the sping and setting where the rear suspension will have its normal range of movement. i tried my best but at work means no pics

That helps a little, particularly the see-saw reference.  Still having a hard time visualizing how this works.