• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(MA) Meet and Greet Rebecca's Place 3 - Upton, MA 10/13/13

Unfortunately susan and I are going to have to cancel. Just found out I'm scheduled to work on Sunday and can't pass up double time pay.  :mad: May try and go to Newburgh meet & greet. We WILL see you guys in November though for sure!!!!  :beerchug:

Just 7 people signed up so far. 
The weather for Sunday is looking pretty good with just a few clouds and comfy temps in the 60s!
Come join us for lunch and a nice ride!

It looks like mid- 60's and not rain so I just signed us up. Looking forward to seeing you folks there!

By the way, does this place have actual sugar packets or is the sugar in one of those glass dispensing containers? I am trying to figure out how much safety equipment we will need....

Brian

Greg Habel said:
The weather for Sunday is looking pretty good with just a few clouds and comfy temps in the 60s!

BDF said:
It looks like mid- 60's and not rain so I just signed us up. Looking forward to seeing you folks there!

By the way, does this place have actual sugar packets or is the sugar in one of those glass dispensing containers? I am trying to figure out how much safety equipment we will need....

Brian

Greg Habel said:

Last time I visited I had not been trained or fully aware of searching for sugar packet projectile possibilities.  With this new awareness I plan on using a database to track and possibly recommend to travel sites to include rating criteria surrounding sugar packet bombardment.

Greg Habel said:
BDF said:

Brian

Greg Habel said:

Last time I visited I had not been trained or fully aware of searching for sugar packet projectile possibilities.  With this new awareness I plan on using a database to track and possibly recommend to travel sites to include rating criteria surrounding sugar packet bombardment.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Wow, easy there Buckaroo! Nobody said nothin' about no projectiles or bombardment! This here's a COG function, and as such, will be above such childish and reprehensible behavior! I was merely checking to make sure there would be sugar for my coffee....

Brian

[/quote]

We had 9 people attend the event.  Great meeting Kevin (we're working on convincing him to become a full fledged COG member) and seeing Richard again.
Lunch at Rebecca's was delicious.  I had a "West Coast Pancake" which was a full plate size with yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit on it - very tasty!

The Vanilla Bean in Pomfret, CT was packed with motorcycles and then a pack of about 30 scooters (stretched, pimped) showed up too.  Saw Alan from CT on his new to him 2004 cruiser.

Thanks for all that attended.  :great:

Great day, great ride and great breakfast (except for Greg's which was foolishly healthy, lacking salt, sugar and grease IMO). Really nice route Greg; we always like a ride through those roads in MA toward the northeast corner of CT.

As always, thanks for putting these things on.

It was really a beautiful day for a ride, and the leaves were not really any kind of problem but we did have heated gear and it was on; unfortunately it is going to be getting too cold for most to ride much longer this year so we are glad to squeak in any group rides at all.

Brian

Greg Habel said:
We had 9 people attend the event.  Great meeting Kevin (we're working on convincing him to become a full fledged COG member) and seeing Richard again.
Lunch at Rebecca's was delicious.  I had a "West Coast Pancake" which was a full plate size with yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit on it - very tasty!

The Vanilla Bean in Pomfret, CT was packed with motorcycles and then a pack of about 30 scooters (stretched, pimped) showed up too.  Saw Alan from CT on his new to him 2004 cruiser.

Thanks for all that attended.  :great:

I was too afraid of them to do that....  :rotflmao:

They had to be having the most 'fun per cc' possible on those things! Never saw anything like it before. I have to think that going for a group (gang?) ride on those things would be a blast, especially with the numbers they had. What were there, like 50, 60 of them?

Brian

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Did anyone take any pictures of the scooter gang?

I had a great ride as well, sorry I missed the scooter gang but I had to scoot home early myself.  I upgraded to a full membership this week :) Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

KBUckley said:
I had a great ride as well, sorry I missed the scooter gang but I had to scoot home early myself.  I upgraded to a full membership this week :) Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

:great: :great:
Awesome!

Hi Kevin,

It was great to meet & talk with you at the meet & greet. Looking forward to seeing you
at some of the upcoming events. Thanks for becoming a full member and I'm sure it you'll
find it to be worth every penny, especially if you hand out with this crazy crew.  :rotflmao:

I hope your riser and tipover bar installation went well and that your happy with them.

Take care,
Pat