• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(MA) NE Spring Tech Session Sat. April 28, 2012

ghabel

Hi  All!  It's that time of year again.  Time for the MA Spring Tech Session in Monson MA!  It will be held on Saturday April 28th.  Remember, space is limited for work so make sure you sign up early!  You can find all the details on the NE calendar of events and register for the event there.  If you have any questions or would like to put your name in for work you want to do on your bike, please feel free to respond on this thread.  Greg & I will be monitoring it so we can respond to any questions that may arise. Hope to see you there!  Tracey  :motonoises:

I don't need to rip my bike apart out there. But I would still like to come out and get in everyone's way again!  :))

Hopefully it will be a little warmer and less windy this year.  :)

Tracey thanks for posting this.
Already signed up, looking forward to it.  :)
Need to listen to the pros and learn some.
Will probably do the same as Cap'n Bob and get in the way.  :-[

Joe - RI said:
Tracey thanks for posting this.
Already signed up, looking forward to it.  :)
Need to listen to the pros and learn some.
Will probably do the same as Cap'n Bob and get in the way.  :-[
Great!  Looking forward to seeing you there.  I have already put in the weather request so it should be a GREAT day!  ;D

Tracey !
You guys are doing a fantastic job with everything........thanks !
I told Greg I was interested in cooling system flush and fork oil change and he sounded positive about it.I'll be there!
Bob Dallon

Hi there!  Norm wanted me to request a slot for a carb sync on the Honda please?
Can you all let me know if that is possible? 
thanks ! :motonoises:

Hi Lori,

Your request has been noted and we will add you to the list, I'm sure we can
get that done. Looking forward to seeing you at tech day.  :motonoises:

Just want to remind everyone that the day for Tech Session 4/28  is fast approaching.  Sign up is coming along and we have some folks doing work in the garage but we still have room for a few more!  If you need any work done or tires changed, this is your opportunity!  Sign up and let us know what you will be doing on your ride to get it ready for the season.  I am working on the lunch menu and getting my breakfast muffin recipes ready!  Hope to see you there. :103:

I just got my 2011 new, so no need for tech work yet. But I'd like to attend and meet some of the local riders. If there are some spare hands, I'd love to set the sag on the new bike.

46Alpha said:
I just got my 2011 new, so no need for tech work yet. But I'd like to attend and meet some of the local riders. If there are some spare hands, I'd love to set the sag on the new bike.

Come on over and meet the COGers!  We'll see what we can do to set the sag.

Just tossed my hat in the ring.  Interested in doing or seeing done on another C14 brake & clutch fluid change, install bleeder valves, coolant change and steering head bearing check.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sat and then doing the Sloatsburg run on Sunday (maybe).  ;D

Greg/Tracey
Plan to attend would like to ck/adjust strg head brg Kev Martin is bringing special Kawi tool see you then thanx so much for all you do!!!!!!!!!!!
Art Bureau

I'm gonna try to be there,  don't need to do any work on my bike but I can assist anyone who wants help :)  I'm fairly familiar with both the C-10 and the  C-14

On the 10 I can assist with:
Carb Sync
Steering Head Adjustment
Chassis Lube
Valve Adjust
Brakes (Pads and Fluid Change)
Coolant Change

On the 14 I am well versed with:
Valve Adjusts
TB Sync
Coolant Flush
Etc :)

Mad River Marc said:
I'm gonna try to be there,  don't need to do any work on my bike but I can assist anyone who wants help :)  I'm fairly familiar with both the C-10 and the  C-14

On the 10 I can assist with:
Carb Sync
Steering Head Adjustment
Chassis Lube
Valve Adjust
Coolant Change

On the 14 I am well versed with:
Valve Adjusts
TB Sync
Coolant Flush
Etc :)

Awesome! Always nice to have a spare set of helping hands!  Thanks for the list of knowledge.  See you soon  ;)

I will be there will tools also Bruce, including a stem socket and torque wrench. What you mentioned is not a problem and will not take long. Grab any fluids you plan on using (brake fluid, anti- freeze, etc.)  and we can change them- I will also bring a pneumatic brake bleeder that actually makes that <fairly painful on a C-14> job fast and easy.

See you there.

Brian

BJ_CT said:
Just tossed my hat in the ring.  Interested in doing or seeing done on another C14 brake & clutch fluid change, install bleeder valves, coolant change and steering head bearing check.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sat and then doing the Sloatsburg run on Sunday (maybe).  ;D

Hello: :) I need a link to the sign up for the Tech session.

Sorry but I am computer challenged and could not find the link.

Thank You

Redbarron said:
Hello: :) I need a link to the sign up for the Tech session.

Sorry but I am computer challenged and could not find the link.

Thank You

Here is the link to the event.  You can get all the details here and sign up.  Just click on the Member registration button.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=153180&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D04%2D16%27%7D

If you want to do any work on your bike please put it in the comments section of the registration or respond on this posting.
See you there.
Tracey & Greg

Hey folks - we're adding a new last minute feature to the event.
Bring any motorcyle gear or parts you want to sell or trade.  We'll have a table where you can put your name and $ you want for the item.
I'll be bringing my stock backrest.

That sounds great Greg, I have a jacket and the custom seat from my old Connie that I want to sell. Also a stock 86 seat that may be good for someone looking to have a seat customized.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  I am planning to have lunch with you guys, but will not be able to get there until noonish due to another morning commitment.

I think I posted this before... I'm hoping to have time to do a steering bearing check/adjust and oil/filter change. I just picked up a filter and will bring the oil.

It will not take long to do that Steve. In fact, you don't have to fully stop for the oil change, just slow way down and lift your legs out of the way.

;D

We are really looking forward to this- a bunch of great people, bikes to mangle work on and Angel to pat.... what could be better?

Brian

S Smith said:
Looking forward to seeing everyone.  I am planning to have lunch with you guys, but will not be able to get there until noonish due to another morning commitment.

I think I posted this before... I'm hoping to have time to do a steering bearing check/adjust and oil/filter change. I just picked up a filter and will bring the oil.

BDF said:
It will not take long to do that Steve. In fact, you don't have to fully stop for the oil change, just slow way down and lift your legs out of the way.

;D

We are really looking forward to this- a bunch of great people, bikes to mangle work on and Angel to pat.... what could be better?

Brian

Well maybe less wind and a little warmer than last year. But I hear it will be cool again. But that's OK as long as the winds stay calm.  :))

As I looked for my BS detector,whit ch I know ,I'll need. I don't have a clue on what to have with me to set my Sag.Can some one inform me on whats required to do this deed? See all tomarrow!

Nothing but the bike, gravity and having the bike at the same weight you would normally ride it. Setting sag is nothing more than adjusting the springs (front and rear) so that the bike is using about 1/3 of its suspension travel when sitting static. The larger the load, the higher the springs are set.

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
As I looked for my BS detector,whit ch I know ,I'll need. I don't have a clue on what to have with me to set my Sag.Can some one inform me on whats required to do this deed? See all tomarrow!

Dress warm for the ride (and hanging around). It looks to be below freezing tonight and probably still around dawn when I will be heading out towards Mass. But it should be in the 50's sometime tomorrow at the wrenching extravaganza. I'll see y'all there.  :)

I got home a little while ago. It was a long day for me. But thanks to Ben and Abbe Otuno for the Advil. It made the ride home much better!  :)

Anyway, It was great to see a lot of familiar faces and some new ones. I had a great time playing with bikes, BSing with folks and having a another great day at the tech day. I want to really thank Greg, Tracey, Pat & Sher for putting up with us yet again. Here's some photo's that I took today.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/582715904VxMmKY

Another great tech session today, thanks to the Mulloy's and Habel's for hosting this event again ! It was great to see many old and some new faces, many bikes were serviced and Pat said he set a new record for the number of tires changes done today. The food was awesome as it always is, I'm looking forward to seeing many of you at the upcoming Spring Fling in 3 weeks !

There ya' go, fixed it up for ya' Norm.... the Habelloys are a contiguous group that cannot be broken down any further. (that is a humorous compliment by the way)  :D

Yep, what those other guys said. Great people, great day and many thanks to the Habelloys for putting this on again. COG is the nicest group of people I have been associated with and the Habelloys are exemplary people w/in the COG community.

A special thanks to Angel- she has outstanding taste in motorcycles... she spent a lot of time hanging around the back of a particular '08- I assume she likes silver Kawasakis.  ;D

Brian

norm-9688 said:
Another great tech session today, thanks to the 'Habelloys' for hosting this event again ! It was great to see many old and some new faces, many bikes were serviced and Pat said he set a new record for the number of tires changes done today. The food was awesome as it always is, I'm looking forward to seeing many of you at the upcoming Spring Fling in 3 weeks !

BDF said:
A special thanks to Angel- she has outstanding taste in motorcycles... she spent a lot of time hanging around the back of a particular '08- I assume she likes silver Kawasakis.  ;D

Brian

I'm sure the cookies had NOTHING To do with it  :rotflmao:

BDF said:
the Habelloys are a contiguous group that cannot be broken down any further. (that is a humorous compliment by the way)  :D

The Habelloys would like to thank everyone who attended our Tech Session yesterday.  While you can't always count on the weather (other than a cold start not too bad), you can always count on the camaraderie and the knowledge of the COGers to make this a successful event no matter what every year.  We had a record breaking 50 people attending.  While it is always great to see our repeaters, we really enjoy seeing new faces, and especially all their smiles and laughs as they learn what a great club this is to be a part of.  We truly enjoy planning and hosting this event every year and are humbled by all your compliments.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at some future COG events. 

Sherry,  Pat & Angel

P.S.  Angel would like to thank Brian for all the treats and apologizes to any humans who she tried to steal your water bottle, coffee or food.

My first Tech Session and the hospitality of the Habelloy's continues to amaze.  I'm getting kinda use to the great comaraderie of the COG group so I won't mention how nice it was to hook up with old friends and meet some new ones.  Had a great day.  Thanks.

PS  My brakes still work.

Awesomely hosted event by the Habelloys.  Many thanks for opening your garage and home to COG for this great event that as much social as it was a leaning and doing day.

Was anyone else partially moonstruck by the photo of BDF showing off his plumber's credentials???  :))

Frankly I am a little surprised at how much it seems to have attracted Bob.... I mean Angel I could understand (down close to the ground where she lives, and she's a dog) but I really didn't think Bob would home in on it that blatantly.

Maybe he was trying to see my fob?

Brian

S Smith said:
<snip>

Was anyone else partially moonstruck by the photo of BDF showing off his plumber's credentials???  :))

S Smith said:

Brian,
Please check for the following parts and tools that are missing: 
One .005 inch feeler guage
Two C10 belly pan (or crack pan) washers
One doggie biscuit, partially eaten (Angel)

BDF said:
Frankly I am a little surprised at how much it seems to have attracted Bob.... I mean Angel I could understand (down close to the ground where she lives, and she's a dog) but I really didn't think Bob would home in on it that blatantly.

Maybe he was trying to see my fob?

Brian

S Smith said:
<snip>

Hey, I was nice and got you to turn around so that a lot less was showing in that photo. I figured you cracking a smile was a lot better than the crack you had smiling two seconds earlier!  :))

I don't know if that outfit and sign is enough to stop Bob or not Bruce. ??  I think in the future I will just make a point to make sure I keep him in front of me....

Brian

BJ_CT said:
For next year

First of all, Angel did not leave so much as a cluster of three atoms of anything behind (figuratively speaking of course), never mind anything even approaching partially eaten. As to the washers and gauge, I will look for them but if I find them are you sure you want them back?

Maybe Bob can just blow up one of his many photos and do a thorough search. Maybe he has high resolution video that he could review.... yet again?

We are going to need new emoticons (or are those behindacons?) for this thread....

Brian

Greg Habel said:
Brian,
Please check for the following parts and tools that are missing: 
One .005 inch feeler guage
Two C10 belly pan (or crack pan) washers
One doggie biscuit, partially eaten (Angel)

Yeah, sure Bob. I will be drawing the curtains on my hotel window at the Spring Fling as well as locking my door.... twice.

:-\

At least Angel still loves me when I bend over... and I mean in a wholesome way, not like some folks....

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
Hey, I was nice and got you to turn around so that a lot less was showing in that photo. I figured you cracking a smile was a lot better than the crack you had smiling two seconds earlier!  :))

Nice Smiley find Bruce  :rotflmao:

I'd just like to thank everyone who attended this event and especially all of you who pitched in
and helped keep all the jobs running so smoothly. If it wasn't for your help
and your willingness to share your knowledge these events would be pretty useless.
We, the Habelloy's look forward to this event every year and hope you all feel the same.
Hope to see you all at some of the upcoming events.

Here's a link to our picture slideshow that I finally got loaded up so grab your favorite refreshment
and enjoy the show  :beerchug:

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/582720913xJtKQI

What a great day... maybe the temp could have been a few degrees warmer to make it perfect.  Too bad I had to work in the morning and could not be there to hang out out all day.  I arrived shortly before 1pm and was amazed at the number of people/bikes already there and the amount of garage activity going on. It was great to see many familiar faces, and happy to see new folks coming out too. The crew put out a fantastic luncheon buffet spread. Thanks to all who cooked/baked. Everything was delish! 

I managed to get some garage time for myself and took care of a few minor things.  The bike was definitely in need of a oil/filter change. Thanks to Tom Kerrigan for watching over my shoulder and providing some pointers. The shifting was a lot smoother on the ride home.  Thanks to BDF for performing a steering head bearing lube/tighten. He even pointed out a reassembly sequence error in the manual. 

Thanks to all for posting pics.  Too bad you guys use a photo sharing that does not allow linking to the photos. I stand corrected. This photo of the quite large group serves as a reminder that this COG forum is but a small part of the overall club. COG is about the people, and events like this really emphasizes this.

2756536110037975120S600x600Q85.jpg

S Smith said:
<snip>

Thanks to all for posting pics. Too bad you guys use a photo sharing that does not allow linking to the photos. It would be great to embed a few right into this thread where they can serve as a reminder that this COG forum is a small part of the overall club. COG is about the people, and events like this really emphasizes this.

If you take the time embedding some webshot photos is not hard.

2259695090103513287S600x600Q85.jpg

2857461970103513287S600x600Q85.jpg

2769197620103513287S600x600Q85.jpg

It's a TARDIS motorcycle garage!!!  :rotflmao:

Set of double 9-pane window doors on the outside...

2769197620103513287S600x600Q85.jpg

And there the doors are again from the inside...
2857461970103513287S600x600Q85.jpg

AWESOME!

Outback Jon,

That is too funny, I never would have picked up on that with that sequence
of pictures without having watched BBC America over that last few years.

Thanks for the laugh  :D

COG-528 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
<snip>
Here's some photo's that I took today.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/582715904VxMmKY
After looking at the photos I'm almost glad that I could not attend.  Seeing that shop I'm sure I would have had terrible garage envy. :(  It is bigger than the shop at Circle Cycle where my motor sits awaiting a replacement oil cooler.

Mike,

It's too bad that you couldn't attend. I probably have a oil cooler we could have installed on your
motor and had you back on the road in no time. Hopefully you'll be able to attend the next one.