• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MADSTAD WINDSHIELD INFO WANTED

John_Atkinson

Hi all,

Am looking at the Madstad shield as a replacement for the Rifle I currently have on my '91. Would welcome any thoughts from the group.

Also, is anyone with the Madstad using the Larry Buch dash shelf? I have the shelf and love it, and would want to be sure that it will still fit if I go the Madstad route.

thanks in advance,
JA

When I had my C10 I went from a Rife to a Madstad and never looked back. In my opinion it is a far better shield and brackets, but it is kind of ugly. I did not have a dash shelf but I don’t think there would be any issues.

Edit: After thinking about it you may need to do some modifications to keep the shelf, but I think you could make it work.

Last edited:
Only photo at this time. Don't know the size as I haven't measured it for some time. This system, IMO, is as good as or better than any I've had on a Connie since '03. Nice to be able to adjust to your preference or need. It's all the way down and I am just able to see over it.

Attachments

• IMG_2227.JPG
    IMG_2227.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 133
IIRC the shield on the bike in the pics is the 16". I'm a touch short of 6' and I think it's too short. I have an 18" on it now and that is fine. I'd like to try a taller one yet that would provide more protection from the cold. You can easily raise and lower it, so why not have a tall one. As long as you could lower it to see over it, then all is good. I've ridden behind a stock shield on my son's 87, a Cee Bailey on my 05, a Rifle on the 05 and the Madstad. Hands down the Madstad is the best. HTH

I went from a stock, to homemade, to Cee Bailey, to Rifle and back to Cee Bailey.

Once I got the Madstad the search was over. Ability to quickly adjust to suit temps and conditions is a huge plus.

All the way up and forward:
2015-09-14_16-13-39_550.jpg

All the way up and all the way back:
2015-09-14_16-13-27_163.jpg

All the way down and all the way back (shortest configuration).
2015-09-14_16-12-46_934.jpg

Here is a link to my photos:

Wee Beastie - MagStag

I cut pieces of rubber to act a a buffer between the plexi glass and the adjustable shield mount. I did not want to scratch the plexi glass by having it on the metal mount.

DS

I put one on last year. My fourth shield on this bike... I love it, especially being able to drop it down in hot weather.
C10s are HOT to ride....in my opinion. I had to cut mine to fit me. It's simple to do, I have write up on it if ya need it.
Cheers
Bob

IMG_0541.jpg

Mine came with rubber well nuts which already took care of that issue.
Bad description on my part.

I got all the needed hardware with the shield.

I inserted a custom cut rubber gaskets in-between the metal mount and the the plexi glass.

DS