• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MADSTAD WINDSHIELD / WHO HAS THEM

I'am totally convinced that the Madstad windshield is the best that you can buy and the adjustability it has is a big plus. Can someone tell me who I can buy one from rt now. Revzilla is out of them. Also what height do I need. I'am 6.2 with a Corbin seat. Would clear be the best option. And at 6.2 do I need a 22 inch or a 19 inch high.
Also does the Madstad come with the plastic bottom that you just screw it in with the phillips screws. Appreciate any help you can give. Pictures would be great of what you bought.

Thanks Dean

Can you just buy directly from Madstad?

I'd get the tallest shield. You can set it to whatever height you want and it's better in cold weather. There's a black base that mounts in place of the stock shield with brackets to mount the windshield. It's all very sturdy. You will love it.

BUD. Great looking bike. I need those front tip over bars. ( LOL ) Very hard to get item.
Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud
I bought my Madstad here on the forum from a fellow COGer.
It was was much too tall for me when I got it so I cut it down to my height
Just need to make template of the top of the screen with construction paper, cover the shield with blue painter tape, mark the template, cut the shield with a fine tooth jigsaw, sand the edge to smooth it. I’ve done several. I’m vertically challenged

ONOBOB. Just so I know what to order. How tall are you. I'am 6.2 and was told to buy the 22 inch what is your opinion.

Thanks Dean

Hey Dean
I am 5’8”.
Also, I don’t like to look “thru” a shield so I cut my Madstad to suit me. To accomplish that I used the shield / putting a small strip of painters tape on it until I felt I had the height, I wanted before I cut it.
To tell you y’all it is , I’d have to go back and measure it. (The Connie is not at my house / I’m remodeling my garage )

Gimme a day or two and I’ll get ya some measurements of mine for your reference

Thanks Bob. That would be great. Very nice of you.

Dean

Hey Dean,
My shield is 17” tall.
Based on our height differences I’d guess the 22” would be about right for ya
Note: if Madstad makes one taller than 22” it’s super easy to cut it down

in the pictures, the shield is in the lowest setting.
Hope this helps
Bob

Attachments

• E10BCBDA-27AC-43B4-B4BC-BB2803781AB3.jpeg
    E10BCBDA-27AC-43B4-B4BC-BB2803781AB3.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 3A375168-677E-4DE3-9E47-93D871C1EA11.jpeg
    3A375168-677E-4DE3-9E47-93D871C1EA11.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 65
  • F3E559A7-BFA3-46A8-B58B-17AB425059B5.jpeg
    F3E559A7-BFA3-46A8-B58B-17AB425059B5.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 66