• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MAGNETIZED / FINAL DRIVE DRAIN BOLT HELP

Were can I get a magnetized final drive drain bolt for my ZG 1000. I drained & refilled it a couple weeks ago and was surprised at the amount of furious metal that was in the oil. Someone has done this so if you could give me this info I would be grateful.

I do have the info for the magnetized oil drain plug for the ZG 1000 it is. ( Gold Plug # MP 01 ) This Is the correct engine drain plug go to goldplug.com to find it.

I have the Bergmen spin on oil filter kit on mine

There are 2 drain plugs on the C-10. Decide where you want to install it or order 2.
Compare the length of the stock plug vs the magnetic plus as too long can be an issue.
(ie; Too long of plug can prevent gear rotation or shifting issues)

Have you gathered much debris on the drain plugs? I had one on vehicle awhile ago and had enough residue on the magnet to pile up about 1/32” of fine metal oiled dust.

I found a 8mm x 1.25 x 12mm. This is what Gold Plug says goes in the final drive for the ZG 1000. The one I found is made by made by Moose Racing. I found it on E-Bays site.
Will this work in the ZG 1000.
It has a chart that says compatible vehicles but when you punch it up it says it is not compatible.
But on the Gold Plug site it list the 8mm x 1.25 to work in the final drive
Can anyone help. Hate to spend $23.00 dollars on something that will not work.
Is the 12mm at the end the length of the bolt

Dean

That bolt is about half the price of a final drive. I can't remember hearing of a final drive mechanical failure. Leaks tend to be the problem. If you change the oil regularly, they last. I'd throw a magnet on it and call it good. Just my opinion.

I found a 8mm x 1.25 x 12mm. This is what Gold Plug says goes in the final drive for the ZG 1000. The one I found is made by made by Moose Racing. I found it on E-Bays site.
Will this work in the ZG 1000.
It has a chart that says compatible vehicles but when you punch it up it says it is not compatible.
But on the Gold Plug site it list the 8mm x 1.25 to work in the final drive
Can anyone help. Hate to spend $23.00 dollars on something that will not work.
Is the 12mm at the end the length of the bolt

Dean
Can’t answer that question, but be aware that they do say to use two (2) washers, so the plug they say to use may be too long from the git-go – unless - that extra washer is added in.

Personally, not sure why I’m even looking at these things. With over 200K on the bike, any damage that may have been done has probably already happened. Chances are that the bike won’t crap out before I do.

The one I found & bought is 12mm long that is just a tad shy of 1/2 inch long. Plus the magnet sticks out also. Pretty sure it will work. I will check carefully before I install it to make sure it will not be hitting anything. Will report back and let everyone know when I'am sure. I paid $26.20 for the magnetized bolt & that included the freight

To look at the bolt punch up. 0920-0044 ON E-BAY / FIND / 8 X1.5X 12 Bolt should be 1st one on page

Dean

Last edited: