• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Market for parts bikes?

Concourpilot

Tricycle
Is there any market for 2001 1000 parts bikes?
I have one in St Louis. Handlebars and gear shifter were damaged in accident. Has a freshly rebuilt set of carbs done by widman harley. 50kish miles on the bike. Ran like a top, just not sure if I want to put the money into fixing it
Anyone interested can pm me for my number

Lots of c10s out there. So there is always a market for parts or repair. A lot of people want too much for these old bikes. Post some pictures and list your asking price for the bike.

BigAl said:
$900/make an offer. Guess the value depends on what part someone needs right now.

attempting to part out a bike, and "make anything" off what your effort ends up as, is a very time consuming, and frustrating effort.. not to mention the fact that people want parts cheap, and only want certain parts..
90% of the time, people end up just junking the bike, after removing enough parts and selling them, that it becomes worthless as a "motorcycle" to repair.. not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just speaking from many years here..

I'd say from the "damage report" you gave, you could have a running and ride able bike for about $150 in used parts.. easily.. and then the bike's value, for sale as a "rider" would be about $1500- 2k$.. all around a better deal.. selling parts of a good bike, is never a winning proposition.

Go to the for sale pages here, and ask for the parts you need.. you may find generous people..

I have some stock handle bars and a gear shifter on a parts bike I'm getting rid of.
If you're talking about the "external bits that are easy to remove.
  You can have em for $25 plus shipping.
  If it's more complicated than that, we'll work something out.
Best Regards
ONO Bob