• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Memorial Day Weekend - Athens Ohio

gsjay

I have added an event to the calendar for Memorial Day Weekend. Great room rate at the Ohio University Inn!
Book those rooms now!
Jason

Ohhhhhhhh Boy.....my son-in-law finished his house down there in Glouster/Trimble. We drove by on the cut-off of 78 by Bishopville to Trimble the last time y'all were in town. Count me in. That was a goooooood weekend. Leaving Friday from IN Home on Monday. Yeeee Hah.! I will be getting up to meet you all every morning. https://maps.app.goo.gl/gHpQi2tSEfoqQ7Xk8

Ohhhhhhhh Boy.....my son-in-law finished his house down there in Glouster/Trimble. We drove by on the cut-off of 78 by Bishopville to Trimble the last time y'all were in town. Count me in. That was a goooooood weekend. Leaving Friday from IN Home on Monday. Yeeee Hah.! I will be getting up to meet you all every morning. https://maps.app.goo.gl/gHpQi2tSEfoqQ7Xk8
Book your Room!
We have at least 7 rooms booked already. Should be a nice MIXED group of riders.
jason

Man!
Leaving a week after that on a 3-4 week trip on the motorhome pulling trailer with bikes. I'd love to go, but it will have to be a last-minute decision if everything is set for our trip.
Sounds like a good time and good riding.

Ill be commuting only take 20mins get to athens, i know tons of awesome roads around, athens, meigs, vinton
Careful .....you are going to have to be a ride leader. They got us way too lost out off 56 South of Laurelville somewhere in the area of Tar Hollow. 13 bikes on some of Appalachia's narrowest paths. GOod for the ADV riders but on Connies it was a challenge. Not sure why we ever got off 56. Somehow ended up heading south toward Macarthur then maybe over toward Wilkesville on 160. My wife is from Trimble/Glouster so we have seen about 15K miles of Southeast Ohio but we were on roads we have (or never would willfully) take.

If you have GPX files to share this group seems to be "file whores". I think I have done all the "Windy Nine" but their downloadable GPX files are here https://www.windy9.com/routes I laughed when I read the comment

IMPORTANT:
Once you import your GPX file and turn it into a Ride, make sure you switch Auto Recalculate to OFF. If you get off route, do not hit recalculate, ..... but once you leave the route, that all goes out the window.

That is exactly what happened out near Tar Hollow.

Ohio...particularly SouthEast Ohio has been repaving the roads as they understand The Windy Nine is a tourist attraction and has the potential to be as famous as the Dragon if you listen to the local Tourism folks. 555 was a mess the last time I was down but I suspect it is cleaned up after the hoo hah with chip seal raised the hackles of local cyclists.

I am in....but like you commuting.

There are two threads going with the and title...can/should they be merged?
One is in Northeast and the other in North Central ..... I think NO. Needs exposure in both.....like my wife ....one foot in the hills the other in the flatlands.