• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mini Spring Fling 2014

silver wolf

There is a hotel in Shelburne, NH called the Birch Bend MotoLodge that some COG'ers have been to before & it is very very M/C friendly!!!

Since there is not goin to be an official 2014 Spring Rally I figured I'd try to throw together a weekend get away to coincide w/ the WhiteHorse Gear spring open house which is on 5/17/14 this year & is a M/C gear warehouse & stay at Birch Bend MotoLodge from Friday 5/16/14 to Sunday 5/18/14 unless u want to show up Thursday instead & we can do some ridin Friday as I know the area good enough to maybe not get us lost there & avoid dirt roads!!! 

Oh & FYI the Twisted Throttle in RI spring open house is on 5/24/14 & I'll be goin to it as it's less than a 3 hour ride for me!!!

Here's what I have so far which I also posted this info under NO SPRING FLING!! also & we could make this weekend start on Thursday if u all want to & I could let them know we want to add an extra day!!!

They have 4 King bed rooms @ $72 a nite for 2, 1 Double bed room @ $72 a nite for 2, & last 2 Single bed rooms @ $58 & this does not include tax & fees although it does include a Continental Breakfast for each guest stayin there!!!

All the rooms r non smokin & u may smoke outside & I was told if 3 or 4 guys or gals that r non-couples want to share a room together in the King bed rooms that a cot could be added or maybe bring your own air mattress to sleep on the floor!!!

There will be no campin on the hotel property although I'm waitin to hear back from the camp ground less than a 1/2 mile down the street if they will accommodate people on M/C's there & I hope they do & I asked if they offered any discounts & I believe it's close enough to walk to the Birch Bend for the Sat Nite BBQ & just remember not to play in the road for your safety!!! 

So the Birch Bend has room for 12 more people unless some want to share the King Bed rooms then that would be up to 20 more people can stay there!!!

The Sat Nite BBQ w/ be $15 per person & weather permittin it will be outside by the fire pit & if not we may have to have it in the garage or lounge maybe as things will be a little rustic compared to a normal Spring Rally!!!

I am goin to try to get some universal raffle prizes for the Sat Nite BBQ since a lot of COG'ers no longer ride a C10 or have got that fancy new C14 today!!!

I have started the ball rollin as I'm goin up there for the weekend myself & I figured I'd invite the COG along & is anyone up for this & just let me know folks & I'll start to get other stuff for the weekend there!!!

Good job Karl, Hope to see you at Whitehorse if Rubberducky decides to do the rolling
unrally in VT & NH that weekend. If not then we might hook up with your group.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling  :great:

How many have committed to this? My wife and I are thinking that this would be a good first COG event prior to Americade...

Due to the fact that I forgot I had made a commitment locally to someone on Sunday 5/18 I can not put this weekend together & won't be able to join u at Whitehorse Gear either  :( so join Rubber Ducky on the Un-rally & ride safe everyone  :motonoises: u could still go stay at the Birch Bend MotoLodge as Mike & Becca r the greatest host I ever met  :great: & I will be plannin a weekend away to go hang out w/ them this year at 1 of their events as the area is such a great place to ride :) I really need to fire my assistant for not remindin me that I had something planned that day & I will be givin him a beatin soon :rotflmao: 

The  Birch Bend MotoLodge is a cool motorcycle friendly place, Mike and Becca are good people. I have been there a few times over the the past few years.

They hosted the New England Moto Marathon a few times, not sure if they still do it.
Road+Pics+118.jpg

Road+Pics+121.jpg

There is my old 1999 Connie (RIP) hanging out with Mike's Aprilia and Becca's Suzuki.
Road+Pics+125.jpg

Even though I will not be able to make this weekend if someone wants to take it over feel free contact me as I'll fill u in on the details & there will be a great ride to & from the Whitehorse Gear open house on Saturday that much is for sure!!! :)