• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Minnesota Ride

rwulf

Just got back from a trip over to Minnesota. The ride up 61 to the Canadian border was nice, not much traffic
on a Monday afternoon. Next day took 1 & 169 west to Tower. This is the nicest road I've been on in some time.
Just wish I had one of my bikes. Then south on 169 down to Hibbing . Had to see your famous resident, where
he lives. Colours were great weather not bad. But you need to get ride of that smoke and smell.

Hwy 1 usta have a lot of tighter twisties on it. They went through a few years ago and "improved" it.

It's still decent, though, and awful purty, and very little civilization.

Didja stop at Betty's Pies in Two Harbors?

Rustic Inn Cafe - Castle Danger a great all around restaurant.

Many super accessible views and stops along the North Shore: Split Rock Lighthouse, Palisade Head, Shovel Point, Gooseberry Falls, town of Grand Marais an interesting coastal town, several awesome state parks including Tettegouche and Grand Portage that have amazing waterfalls, trails and views.

Carol, Saki (97’ C-10) and I had many trips on the north shore, anyone going there ping me we can share countless ideas and experiences.

Betty's Pies the parking lot was full both times I went by, so did not stop. Maybe next time.
That North Shore would be good for a COG ride to eat. Maybe next time. Great place.