• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mission R - Electric Superbike

This is pretty cool. I expected some talk of manufacturing but this is only a technology demonstrator. Also, no mention of cost.

Lot's of potential here, I think.

Dan

Zero is way ahead in development and marketing.  I can buy a Zero in Austin.  Having one would be perfect for me and my commute.  $12k just to show off how green I am is a bit much right now though.

Bergmen said:
This is pretty cool. I expected some talk of manufacturing but this is only a technology demonstrator. Also, no mention of cost.

Dan
Mission Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Motors

Reservations required a $5000 deposit, with a sales price of $68995.

ManWorkingHere said:
Bergmen said:

Dan
Mission Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Motors

Reservations required a $5000 deposit, with a sales price of $68995.

This from the www.ridemission.com website:

"The Mission R is not available for purchase."

http://ridemission.com/technology-demonstrators/mission-r/

Dan

Not available, but I bet they could accommodate someone wishing a reservation who has nearly 70k to spend on a bike. Or, on the other hand, Wikipedia could be wrong, it would not be the first time.

smithr-scad said:
Zero is way ahead in development and marketing.  I can buy a Zero in Austin.  Having one would be perfect for me and my commute.  $12k just to show off how green I am is a bit much right now though.

Not sure about being ahead in development.  Maybe as a mass marketer of electric motorcycles, but not as a technology leader. Mission is supposedly technology provider and has been selling the electric technology to other market segments.

Does Zero make a superbike with the performances specs of the Mission R?

BTW - did anyone else notice that Jay's needs a larger helmet to cover his chin?