• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Moonshine Lunch Run 2015

Have not officially ruled this out yet. Just made plans for the end of April So we shall see. The community really treats us great in Casey

Moonshine?? Where the hell is that??  :smiley_confused1:

Registered. April looks mileage heavy this year.

Cheers,
Randy

Didn't realize this came up so soon. Don't know if I can swing this along with the new Fl. spring ride & prep for my ride. But if I do I'll be busy for a month!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Didn't realize this came up so soon. Don't know if I can swing this along with the new Fl. spring ride & prep for my ride. But if I do I'll be busy for a month!

This is my dilemma  as well. Plus in April, I'm in charge of getting a GA wrenching session together which would be the weekend between Moonshine and Cliff's rally. Also, i'm trying to manage my time off as i'm wanting to take two weeks for Cortez.

I'm registered, been wanting to do this for a while. Good way to kick off the new riding season. Sounds like fun

After a four year run, this one isn't going to happen for me this year. I plan to ( gasp ) cut back on my riding a tad this year, and this will be a casualty in that effort. I'll sure miss all of the fun and meeting riders at the farm. Snowed on me last year as I laid over on Monday. Like Cliff said, I turned into a bad weather magnet last year.

Sorry to hear that Al, you'll be missed for sure. I was planning on bringing a larger bottle of Fireball to share too!

IronButtAl said:
After a four year run, this one isn't going to happen for me this year. I plan to ( gasp ) cut back on my riding a tad this year, and this will be a casualty in that effort. I'll sure miss all of the fun and meeting riders at the farm. Snowed on me last year as I laid over on Monday. Like Cliff said, I turned into a bad weather magnet last year.

Dang! Am I gonna be the lone SECOG attendee??    ???  Bueller?

Rasmith said:
Brother in law asked if Im going so looks like Im in.
He'll bring the adult tent this year

NOOOOO! That was the humor for last year! And the fact that there were TWO micro tents.

If you go to the Moonshine web site there's a photo section with a nice picture of his "tent", good times!
I'm camping this year, looked like I missed out on all the fun last year! :beerchug:

Now that Al's culled this ride out of his itinerary the obvious question is who's bringing the FIREBALL???

handyman said:
Rasmith said:
Brother in law asked if Im going so looks like Im in.
He'll bring the adult tent this year

NOOOOO! That was the humor for last year! And the fact that there were TWO micro tents.

I about lost it when the behemoth guy crawled out of the kiddie tent.

That's hilarious :rotflmao:  Must like the fetal position (easy boys).  Moonshine is too close to Cliff's event, so I gotta go with Cliff. More bang for the buck!  Rasmith, see if you can do something about the going home weather this year woodja? ???

Bro's bringin the small tent for gear he says.

Brian, Moonshine is a month and a half away from Cliff's shindig.. I only had about 15 miles of downpour getting home so I was good. Couldn't do anything for the other 400 miles you had to ride.

Rasmith said:
Brian, Moonshine is a month and a half away from Cliff's shindig.. I only had about 15 miles of downpour getting home so I was good. Couldn't do anything for the other 400 miles you had to ride.

No mon, I think they are 2 weeks apart.  Yeah, it poured rain and the sidewind was nasty!

Attachments

• P1060665 (Medium).JPG
    P1060665 (Medium).JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 106
IronButtAl said:

Say it ain't so! IronbuttAl cutback  :-\

2fast said:
Rasmith said:

No mon, I think they are 2 weeks apart.  Yeah, it poured rain and the sidewind was nasty!

Glad to see you back on the forum Rick. Brian's right, 2 weeks before my ride. Mark your calendar. For this reason I'm going to have to miss it. I'll be spending my spare time in the tractor seat keeping the pasture mowed slick. Don't want to cause ya'll any sleeping discomfort with lumps & bumps.

After careful and sober consideration, I think I'm going to need to bow out of Moonshine this year in favor of warmer hospitality, weather, better roads, hot shower and a nice shop to hang out if it gets wet out there.

Cliff, I can't think of anything that would have made last year any better aside hiding the keys to the 4-wheeler.

I remember sitting around the fire at the farm and not knowing one other person years ago. Now there's finally a good group of people I know and like, I start thinking about a good cigar and a sip, and reconsideration starts rearing its head. Guess I'll have to rethink this.

Rasmith said:
After careful and sober consideration, I think I'm going to need to bow out of Moonshine this year in favor of warmer hospitality, weather, better roads, hot shower and a nice shop to hang out if it gets wet out there.

Cliff, I can't think of anything that would have made last year any better aside hiding the keys to the 4-wheeler.

Well I think I might blush :57:. Thanks Rick, glad your going to make it.

IronButtAl said:
I remember sitting around the fire at the farm and not knowing one other person years ago. Now there's finally a good group of people I know and like, I start thinking about a good cigar and a sip, and reconsideration starts rearing its head. Guess I'll have to rethink this.

I new you couldn't cut back!

IronButtAl said:

Careful...I might threaten to bring some good scotch.

So, do I bring this?

Looking good for me to make it. Yeah Buddy!

Attachments

• IMG_3872.JPG
    IMG_3872.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 105
Rasmith said:
Bushwick FJR said:
I will be there but no more rooms available for Friday.

You can have my room. It's just left of the grain hauler at the Hammonds

As long as it is not too close to the pond. Them frogs are LOUD!  I wonder if they taste good...

Here ya go.. :great:

Randy not sure if you saw the huge Snapper headed towards the pond.

Attachments

• Doneriding.jpg
    Doneriding.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 123
Leaving noon Thurs - should be there noon Fri. SSK1 if I can do it….

I'm sure gonna try! I'll be looking for Connies and flat ground. 1st time to Moonshine…

I'm still in but probably for Saturday only, too much work travel and otherwise to make it for the weekend, I'll look for you guys at the event.

This was on the calender, but I will be camping with my kids and the rest of the boys scouts this weekend instead.  Eat a moonburger for me and say hi to the Spider Crew, am am sure there will be a few of them there!

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Weather like last year would spoil you :nananana:

I'm NOT scared Clem!  ;)  I just don't get too excited about riding in a mix of dark, hail, driving rain, and my favorite...lightning. I've done them all before, all mixed together on several occasions, I just try not to PLAN to enter a shitstorm on purpose.

OK - I'm not one to shy away from some rain. But I keep seeing the word 'severe' and the words 'large hail' coupled with these three words: 'into the night'.

Anyone got room in a hotel for a Connie? I'll sleep outside ???

Well, my a/c went out this afternoon...soooo, I'm in a holding pattern. Home ownership, the gift that keeps on giving.

Correction...Loading maps and gassing up. Need me a Moonshine burger.

I am not going to make it to Moonshine and I won't need my room at the Casey Days Inn. If any one wants it let me know right away and I will see if I can transfer the reservation to you.

If I no one wants it I will be cancelling it tomorrow afternoon.

PM me through the forum or send email at beheiple at gmail dot com.

Fais said:
OK - I'm not one to shy away from some rain. But I keep seeing the word 'severe' and the words 'large hail' coupled with these three words: 'into the night'.

Anyone got room in a hotel for a Connie? I'll sleep outside ???

SS1K done! The weather was a worthy nemesis. Defeated :great:

615-473-1331 - this thing is all spread out - COGgers unite!!

Don - this is what I defeated. I didn't take any stupid chances, I just kept checking the weather maps and moving accordingly. Between rain, wind and construction delays I kept my cool and didn't care if I made it or not. But, I did! I got my Iron Butt # and am pleased about it :great: The weather all weekend was perfect. Had a great time with ST Eater and Flat Spot - Handyman and I camped together in a hotel room - thanks Brian :great: Connies were well represented all over - C10s and C14s :great: Nice to meet Spiderman and Ben from upstate NY.

The long distance riders at this event are 'good' crazy and among the nicest riders you could hope to meet.

I'll post an album when I get home tonight or tomorrow. What an event :motonoises:

Congrats on your ride Fais.  It was a very nice day for me.  Wish the weather was this cooperative every year at this event. 

spiderman said:
Congrats on your ride Fais.  It was a very nice day for me.  Wish the weather was this cooperative every year at this event.
Jeff, your utube video is first class, outstanding job.
Gary

Just got home from Moonshine, after a windy start Friday,  a beautiful Saturday greeted Flat Spot and myself. Met Fais and the three of us spent a great day riding and watching all the people at Moonshine.  Oh ya and we each had a couple burgers also! Saturday was one of the best days I've ever had on the road.Thanks for the good times guys and next year is already on the schedule. Incredible how this event has taken off! Congratulations on joining the IBA Fais, you really earned it!

Home safe and glad to see others are too.

Spider-Man - your video is awesome - I've seen it a bunch and about to watch it again :great:

^^^  STeater and Fais pretty much said it all.  What a great weekend!!  Thanks guys.  :motonoises: ;D

Oh, and I don't care if it does have a steering wheel,  once I stood next to the slingshot,  I wanted it!

Another good run to Moonshine is in the history books. Great seeing some familiar faces and a few new ones. That double bacon cheeseburger was very tasty...it is always good to be early in the burger line before there is a REALLY long line.

Run home was not too bad with the exception of two of the last three hours getting hammered with some solid Gulf Coast thunderstorms. It would not be real Moonshine Run without at least one good quality washdown. Cleaned the bugs off very well and the bike got washed.

Thanks for sharing your 'camp room' Fais. Made the roll out Sunday much easier.

Cheers,
Randy

Jeez, it hurt to not be there again to see all my friends.
Congrats Fais, but be careful. This LD riding stuff is addictive and progressive, and you'll find yourself sucked in like the rest of us have been.
You missed the best part of Moonshine by not being at the farm at night. Motel room my ass.

10-4 Al. I didn't have any Fireball either... my bad ;D

I did have 2 airplane bottles of Beam in the tailbag but never drank 'em. The rider's high was enough and the long a$$ days were tiring - and the hotel, well, you know, it weren't a party. I did have a shot of Jack Fire as pictured in this album. I ran with some Hoka Hey guys on Fri and as the saying goes with Harley folk - from bar to bar.

There's a couple of pano shots in here that try to show the three roads of bikes that kept forming between open fields. Beautiful. All makes and models of long distance bikes and their farkeled owners too.

STEater - check the pic out of your bike man! Beautiful. I shoulda parked there for that portrait :)

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/SECOG/library/Moonshine%20Lunch%20Run%202015

Wow, over 3,000 moonburgers sold!  Sorry I missed it

Great Photos Fais!  Thanks for sharing and congrats on the SS1000

Nice pic of my bike Fais, these don't usually stay in one place long enough to get a picture like that :), but man that burger sure lookd (WAS) good though eh. Like I said before,  lots a fun and good people.  Glad you made it home safely. Next year will be even better! Nice start to the riding season