• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

More MotoGP madness this week?

ONOBob

If you haven't been watching, ya might wanna tune in tomorrow AM...
MotoGP is wide open this year.
A Rookie rider ( Binder) on a KTM won their first ever premier class race - very cool.
A satellite team that changed from Yamaha to KTM won their first race after 20 years of trying..... again very cool.

The races in Austria 2 weeks ago were something else to see. That track seems a little dangerous to me.
The long back straight, with hairpin curve at the end. It was all about accerlation and brakes.

In race 2, Yamaha factory racer Maverick Vinales had his brakes completely FAIL, and just jumped off his bike at 135MPH....
imagine that, welp, brakes are gone, can't stop, just jump off and let er go.... I have never seen anything like that before.
In the first race a rider rear ends another on that same long straight away, they are thrown from their bikes and then theses riderless bikes
continue on, hitting a safety fence, and then go flying thru the air at 165MPH, missing 2 racers ( Rossi was one ) by fractions of a second.

I hope to see less accidents this week, and my man Fabio back in contention.

If you haven't been watching, ya might wanna tune in tomorrow AM...
MotoGP is wide open this year.
A Rookie rider ( Binder) on a KTM won their first ever premier class race - very cool.
A satellite team that changed from Yamaha to KTM won their first race after 20 years of trying..... again very cool.

The races in Austria 2 weeks ago were something else to see. That track seems a little dangerous to me.
The long back straight, with hairpin curve at the end. It was all about accerlation and brakes.

In race 2, Yamaha factory racer Maverick Vinales had his brakes completely FAIL, and just jumped off his bike at 135MPH....
imagine that, welp, brakes are gone, can't stop, just jump off and let er go.... I have never seen anything like that before.
In the first race a rider rear ends another on that same long straight away, they are thrown from their bikes and then theses riderless bikes
continue on, hitting a safety fence, and then go flying thru the air at 165MPH, missing 2 racers ( Rossi was one ) by fractions of a second.

I hope to see less accidents this week, and my man Fabio back in contention.

CORRECTIO : It's on NBCSN Sunday at 4:30 PM ET