• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mounting Hardware for Givi Bag

jmmchristies

I am looking to purchase a Givi trunk for my 2004 C-10 and was advised by the company they no longer make the bracket for this year bike. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

I've been purging my C10 stash, I believe I have a GIVI adapter plate with the hardware? I'll have to check tonight when I get home from the j.o.b. and I can let you know.

No problem Jim.
I don't have the C10 anymore, converted to a Ninja 1000ABS so hence been putting some parts back in circulation.

I found what I thought I had, I'll pm with info.

I am also installing a GIVI trunk on a C10. I purchased the E250 Monokey plate (ebay) but I am finding the 'Connie-Kit' to be elusive.

Jim, if you are able to connect on the kit with Vic would you post pics/dimensions of the rest hardware that makes it uniquely C10? If I remember correctly there were some cylindrical spacers and perhaps longer bolts to adapt the plate to the top of the stock 'luggage rack'. I think I can make the spacers out of nylon or aluminum if I just knew what they looked like.

When I set up my first C10 in 2005 stuff was everywhere and new farkles were still being developed. Sadly that bike got Subaru-screwed and time has certainly past for the timeless machine. Cheers to us nut bars who persevere and refuse to move on!

Nate

Hey Nate,

Yes, will take pictures of everything and post for all to see. Yes, agree these bikes are still great!

Thanks, Jim

The elusive C10 Givi adapter plates below.

One aspect we C10 riders found was when mounted, the angle of the stock luggage rack "shelf" caused the trunk to not be level. Some of us put washers on top of the back spacers to level out the trunk. Purely an "aesthetic's" thing  ;D

Attachments

• 20190418_060305_resized.jpg
    20190418_060305_resized.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190418_205351_resized.jpg
    20190418_205351_resized.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 113
i have one, but use it to mount a non givi bag. if you have a more conventional rack to trade, id gladly swap it out. (not a stock one, but a regular type aftermaket rack)

just tossing it out there. -Mark

I fabricated a 1/8 steel plate with aluminum spacers. Front spacers were about 1" with angular cut and rears were about 2-1/4" with angular cut on top.This steel plate mounted to the angular spacer faces with long bolts. This gave me the same profile as the side luggage.
I them mounted the givi monokey rack to this with minor modification. ( drilling holes where necessary in the givi rack.)
I do not have the photos with me but could if you would like. Sent your email to peterceccontrolsatgmaildotcom
I will also be at the national rally in Williamsport in July. My bike is a 2006 C10.
The time consuming part was getting the angle of the spacers correct.