• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My First Real Track Day...And on a C14

always wondered, how do you get the speedometer on the video?
The GoPro has gps.

I imported the gps info with the video into the editing software and add speedometer, lap counter and the map to the screen and magic software elves do the rest. šŸ˜‰

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I am signed up for a track day on the C-14 on May 21st, hope to see how the 2K in suspension upgrades work out. I have done about a dozen since my first in 1999 on a 97 BMW R-1100 RT, The rest on various ZX Ninjas of 600, 900, and 1000 variety. And once on a 1983 Honda Trail CT-110, but that is another story. What tires and pressures did you run? Did you leave the bags on, I plan too.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I am signed up for a track day on the C-14 on May 21st, hope to see how the 2K in suspension upgrades work out. I have done about a dozen since my first in 1999 on a 97 BMW R-1100 RT, The rest on various ZX Ninjas of 600, 900, and 1000 variety. And once on a 1983 Honda Trail CT-110, but that is another story. What tires and pressures did you run? Did you leave the bags on, I plan too.
Good luck on your track day!!!

A must have is the ECU flashed. Without the flash, the second fuel sensor will kill all gas flow when the throttle is closed. Without the ECU flashed by Steve or Ivan, you will never get a smooth throttle on the curves and forget getting smoothly into neutral gas.

I use Pirelli Angel GT II @ 40 PSI. You can only get 40 - 42 degrees of lean before you hit the pegs. I rode up with my Bags on and took them off once at the track (most tracks require you to remove the bags). If you go to the Lap 6 - last turn, I drag the left peg and that is the max lean angle in the top Right picture.

Here are photos of the tires after session 5 on the counterclockwise track.

Dimitrius

Attachments

• IMG_1170.JPG
    IMG_1170.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1175.JPG
    IMG_1175.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 69
Thanks again for sharing! Yeah, every bike I get one of the first things I do is remove stock pegs with the 'feelers' and put on some GP/Comp Werkes or the like pegs. Shorter and wedged up the allow more lean angle, plus with no rubber top give me about .75" more leg room which I need. I flashed my 2013 just months after purchase in 2017, glad I did as I was ready to sell it because of the lousy sporty riding quality! On my second flash (free) and love it. Will be running fairly new Michelin Road 6GT so hope to melt them up like those Angels, though the track in Spokane even in late May can only see highs in the 60's, so I may need to drop them down to 30's. I rode 1 session on my BMW with Reg Pridemore's CLASS with the bags on, then he politely asked me to remove them as it made that Large Marge the Bavarian Barge harder for the little guys to pass, LOL.

Cog sponsors a sport touring school every year at Jennings GP Florida/Georgia border.

Doug is a member here, and he runs it. Doug was a real bike racer, and you can tell It's his passion. He got me to lower my pressure more than I ever have, and it's the best the bike has ever felt, 28 front 32 rear cold. In the past I was in the 35 front and 37 rear. After he said some go as low as 18, I felt comfortable lowering mine, and my Dunlop Road Smarts were gummy like a real racers tire get;)
I'm hooked on low-pressure tires now, and would like to shut off the red light and low-tire pressure alert on the dash., fronts at 30 now and lights on,

Got an Axxion AK-20 Cartridge kit front and a Penske shock rear

Last edited:
Cog sponsors a sport touring school every year at Jennings GP Florida/Georgia border.

Doug is a member here, and he runs it. Doug was a real bike racer, and you can tell It's his passion. He got me to lower my pressure more than I ever have, and it's the best the bike has ever felt, 28 front 32 rear cold. In the past I was in the 35 front and 37 rear. After he said some go as low as 18, I felt comfortable lowering mine, and my Dunlop Road Smarts were gummy like a real racers tire get;)
I'm hooked on low-pressure tires now, and would like to shut off the red light and low-tire pressure alert on the dash., fronts at 30 now and lights on,

Got an AK-20 Cartridge kit and a Penske rear
I'll remember that.
I have another track day on 4/10.
Thanks