• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My new girlfriend 'Sophia' to go along with 'Connie'

motor659

Bicycle
Well early last spring I decided I needed another bike (who doesn't!! :beerchug:) I have owned nothing but Japaneese bikes but have always loved the Italian's. So I searched all over and found one in Kansas City, MO. The price was right in my comfort zone so I jumped at it with both feet. Small side note: When I got my C14 'Connie' in '08 I just brought it home. My wife was not happy because I never included her in the 'conversation' :mad:. All she said was she wanted me to tell her before I got another bike. So I did what was asked of me. At 11:30pm when she was driving home from work, I informed her that at 5:00am I was leaving to go buy my bike!! Again she was not happy....I just can't win!! Anyway here it is, 'Sophia' my 2004 Aprilia RSV1000R. The only mods I made were adding a set of bar risers and re-gearing, 1 down up front and 2 up in the back. Enjoy,

DSCN4381.jpg

DSCN4377.jpg

DSCN4374.jpg

DSCN4372.jpg

Motor

Tell her its either a mistress or the bike.  Bikes are better!

) Riding a bike in public is not frowned upon.

2) Bikes never want to talk to you about how they feel.

3) Bikes don’t complain if things come up and you cannot be with them.

4) You can ride hard and fast or nice and slow, and the bike won’t care.

5) Bikes require little maintenance every 1000 miles, while girls require several hundred every feet they walk in a mall.

6) You can have as many motorcycles as you want and the others wont care or complain about it.

7) You don’t have to worry about needing a rubber, the bike already has all you will need.

8) There is not a long term commitment, if a bike is past using you can just get another.

9) Bikes will actually save you money.

10) Biking makes men stronger, whereas women generally do the opposite.

11) When you get in a wreck on a bike you will just get hurt, but a wreck with a girl will leave you hurt and broke.

12) A bike never says, "I have a headache."

13) There is no need to go out on a date with a bike and spend lots of money trying to impress it.

14)If your bike gets taken away the police and others will help get it back, but if you lose a girl no one will help you get her back.

15) A bike doesn’t want to cuddle after a long, hard ride.

16) Bikes don’t think they are better then men.

17) Bikes allow you to see the world and all its beauty, whereas girls only want you looking at them and not the other beauties.

18) After you get a bike it stays the same weight. (for the most part!)

19) When a bike goes it doesn’t take half of your money with it.

20) Going too fast on a bike isn’t nearly as dangerous as going too fast with a girl. No matter how fast you go on a bike you will never have to pay child support.

21) A bike will take you where you want to go for free, a girl will make you go to places and make you pay for it.

22) With a bike, you don’t have to be afraid of the phrase, "It's all down hill from here."

23) You can tell immediately if a bike is straight or not.

24) Coming home late with a bike or going away for a while with a bike won’t result in a angry father looking for you with his shotgun.

25 There is no arguing with a bike about who gets to be on top, for the bike is always on the bottom.

26) Bikes don’t ruin men's lives.

29) When you want to ride a bike in a new position the bike doesn’t demand to know where you learned that position.

30) Bikes don’t come with in-laws.

31) Bikes don't care if you ride other bikes

"31) Bikes don't care if you ride other bikes"

My favorite line, I nearly split a gut laughing!! :))

Motor

Motor659 said:
The price was right in my comfort zone so I jumped at it with both feet.

Let us know if the ride is also in your comfort zone after a 300 mile day.  I have found that one of the negative things about a C14 is that it makes you feel old and soft (mostly old) when you get back on a sportbike.

mcrider007-

My days of 300 mile sprints are over for me! My knee can't take being folded up any longer. But I can manage a few hours to go carve the back roads with buddies :). All in all she is alot of fun to ride. I had the forks re done in the summer (they were a little soft for my 'size' :-\ ) I also went down 1 tooth up front and up 2 in the back. Now I'm running a 16/42 set up instead of the factory 17/40. She likes to wheelie but not as much as you'd think. The new gear combo get's her rollin' down the road in a hurry. When I ride her to work I usually put on a back pack and off I go!!

Motor

Motor659 said:
mcrider007-

My days of 300 mile sprints are over for me! My knee can't take being folded up any longer.

I was teasing a bit when I asked that question.  :)  I have a ZX-14 with raised handlebars and lowered footpegs which is probably almost a land cruiser compared to your RSV and the only time I do 300 mile sprints on it is under protest.  A 200 mile sprint isn't bad if it includes a lunch stop.

Man don't I know it! :-\ Those rims are just about as bright in person as they show up in the pics! Let's just say I couldn't run from 'Five-O' riddin her..

Motor

You are mistaken, sir. "Sophia" is the 1974 Moto Guzzi Eldorado I have looking sexy in my garage! You have an impostor. Seriously, what a fine ride. There is "something" about the Italian bikes; their cages, too.....and the women....and the food....and the city of Rome....and. RIDE SAFE, brother.

kansas city huh? I should keep my eyes open more when I drive around here. I can't say I've ever seen that bike here..... It would be hard to miss