• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My Shoodaben flash is almost here!

big0red4224

So, I sent my ECU off to Steve for a Mountain Runner Premium flash and to adjust my fan temps down a little. USPS was a bunch of jerk-faces and cost me almost two days during one of the most beautiful riding weeks here in Phoenix...

Without me asking, or anything of the sort, Steve took it upon himself to give me a partial refund on the shipping, even though the delay was the fault of the Postal Service and not him.

Steve has been great about communicating with me and answering questions. I'm really looking forward to testing it Monday when it shows up. It may sound funny, but the thing I'm most looking forward to is being able to engine brake and accelerate in traffic without all this herky-jerky nonsense. My buddy's ZX14R doesn't do that...

You'll hate it. Tickets, giggles, extra miles on the bike just to twist that Go -stick...

Fired right up when I installed it yesterday. First real ride was on the way to work this morning. I really like the improved driveline feel when engine braking. Even shifting is less clunky. I'm not sure how he managed that.

As I like to ride as much as I can, I often commute with my C14. Traffic this morning was much more pleasant without all the jerkiness. Engine braking before a corner and getting back into the throttle before leaning in, is much smoother.

I had Steve lower my fan temps to 195*. We will see in pretty short order how they fare in traffic. Supposed to get into the 90's this week.

You'll probably realize one day that your using a higher gear when riding in the twisties etc.
{Don't ask me how I know this}

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I've got a few days riding on it, and I'm very impressed with the low speed engine braking and back on smoothness. My MPG seems to be a bit better as well. It also doesn't want to power wheelie in 1st gear anymore, either.