• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

National Rally - information thread

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Oops! Not so correct. The Hydrofest events are usually the weekend after our scheduled visit, but not so this year! From the website:
"Despite this year's cancellation of the weekend event, the race for the Southern Cup will still take place on Saturday, June 27th - virtually."
I stand corrected. Bitten by a covid cancellation again.

Eupher

I called the lodge. Went to voice mail. I left my name, number and hung up. This was at 4:30. I got a call back around 6:30 by the nicest young lady. Got me all setup. Don't mistake small town unautomated systems as being crappy... Just sayin..
Whatever the reason, two voice mails and an email couldn't penetrate their system. Online booking system was also fubar.

I got a room down in Albertville (13 miles south) for half of what the lodge is charging. Like I said, their loss, not mine.

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
And for those seeking information on registration, we intend to have registration table open from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
including our having on-site participation by local Visitors and Convention bureau staff, on Sun afternoon and Mon, to answer ?s about area attractions, places to eat, etc. Any fishermen and/or boaters/skiers in the group? If so, plenty to get involved in there, in this arena!

ONOBob

Hey Gang!
Got the following information from Barber Motorsports Museum today and I'm stoked! Know you will be too!

We here at Barber were excited to hear the 2021 National Rally of the Concours Owners Group will be in Alabama in June 2021. Based on your requests in the email below BVMM can offer a 20% discount on the following options:

Museum admission $15.00 less 20% = $12.00 + tax ($13.20)

Guided tour of museum with behind the scene look at restoration $30.00 less 20% = $24.00 + tax ($26.40)

Parade laps (guided/paced) on the Barber race track ADD to either option above $15.00 less 20% = $12.00 + tax ($16.20)

The dates we can offer these prices will be June 15,16 and 17. The menu allows for a person to choose what they want to do with the minimum being a self-guided tour of the museum for $13.20 and the maximum being guided tour with parade laps on track for $39.60. Payment will be to the museum at the time of arriving. Admission will be good for all day. The museum will provide armbands to identify who is participating in what option.

Self- guided tours are anytime during the museum open hours (10-6).

Guided tours will be scheduled for 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM each day. Parade laps will take place one time only each day and begin at 12:30. Anyone wishing to do the parade lap must be on site by 12 Noon in order to sign a track liability waiver and participate in a safety meeting conducted by BVMM staff prior to track access. BVMM will provide a guide and pace motorcycle. The availability of these options is dependent upon the status of COVID-19 at the time of the Rally.

Payment is to be made on the day of the visit to the Museum upon arrival.

1-29-21 Prices corrected.

I will definitely take advantage of this.
Looking at bikes is almost as much fun as riding them.... to me anyway.

I rode the parade lap at Mid Ohio Race Track back in 1990s when the AMA Super Bike Races ran there.
Great experience.
AMA Super Bike Racing used to draw huge crowds... and then it just sorta died out... I never really understood why.

See ya there.
Bob

smithr

Sooooooooooooo I have a spot to sleep. I COULD register for the rally BUT.
Would you rather I register and maybe have to cancel later or that I wait till the last minute to register like I normally do? What is the refund policy and level of hassle?

fartymarty

What is the refund policy and level of hassle?
Here below, is the refund policy, but the level of hassle is subjective and is probably a question for the COG Treasurer.
Cancellation/Refund Policy
Refund requests on/before June 1, 2021 are subject to a $20.00 service fee per registration. No refunds will be given for cancellations made after June 1, 2021. Refunds will be paid by check and sent via USPS after the event.

If you must withdraw from the event after June 1st and wish to receive your rally bag, you will be responsible for making your own arrangements prior to the start of the rally. This may include finding someone to bring your rally bag home for you, or making arrangements to pay to have your rally bag shipped to you. Merchandise not claimed by Friday, June 18th will be forfeited. Please contact someone on the rally leadership team to make arrangements.

info source= https://concours.org/event-3209542

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
SE COG and the RALly Team are looking forward to having you join us at this year's National Rally, held at the beautiful Lake Guntersville State Park (LGSP). Besides the gorgeous rALly central location, there are a lot of area attractions and great eating spots within a 1/4 to 1/2 day's scenic ride from the Lodge or campground.

If you are undecided about coming, are there any questions we may answer to help in your decision?

We don't want to see you miss out, schedule permitting.

David

ron203

Southeast Area Director
SE COG and the RALly Team are looking forward to having you join us at this year's National Rally, held at the beautiful Lake Guntersville State Park (LGSP). Besides the gorgeous rALly central location, there are a lot of area attractions and great eating spots within a 1/4 to 1/2 day's scenic ride from the Lodge or campground.

If you are undecided about coming, are there any questions we may answer to help in your decision?

We don't want to see you miss out, schedule permitting.

David
David is right, time is growing short to be frugal and save a few buck by registering early. Get “stimulated “ and sign up, then order your shirts!!

connie_rider

Got to admit, that with all the Covid concerns about travel, I've been putting off my registration.
We now have our shots. Travel restrictions, size of gatherings seem to improving, and my wife has agreed to go.
I "will" get-er-dun.
I've been in contact with Hans-Ove. Their still planning to come too.
Also have concerns because of flight issues and their checking on the flight requirements.

Ride safe, Ted

Update: I just got-er-dun.. See y'all there... :)

Last edited:

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Got to admit, that with all the Covid concerns about travel, I've been putting off my registration.
We now have our shots. Travel restrictions, size of gatherings seem to improving, and my wife has agreed to go.
I "will" get-er-dun.
Also have concerns because of flight issues and their checking on the flight requirements.

Ride safe, Ted

Well it’s a good thing since your on the volunteer/told list!! Looking forward to seeing you there!!

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
I "will" get-er-dun.

Ride safe, Ted

Great, Ted. I flew twice last year, from north AL to Los Angeles on one trip and San Francisco on another. It was during the heat of all the CoVID stuff, but all worked out/well. During one of the trips my wife and I did part of the CA coast (from Seattle to San Fran), flying out and renting bikes, out and about as best we could.

Even with your shots, mask up and follow all the sanitizing safety precautions and y'all (southern enuf) will fare/fair well.

connie_rider

Great, Ted. I flew twice last year, from north AL to Los Angeles on one trip and San Francisco on another. It was during the heat of all the CoVID stuff, but all worked out/well. During one of the trips my wife and I did part of the CA coast (from Seattle to San Fran), flying out and renting bikes, out and about as best we could.

Even with your shots, mask up and follow all the sanitizing safety precautions and y'all (southern enuf) will fare/fair well.

Thanks David. That's good news.
The concern is; Hans lives in Sweden, and will be taking a train to & flying from Denmark..
Current flight requirements from many Eu Countries is 1 week quarantine after the flight and 1 week after returning home.
If the quarantine requirement is still in effect in June, the trip would be cancelled.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Ron, you know my computer skills.
Being an honest man, I can actually say that Nuuuuuthing is "soo EZ" that even Ted could do it.

Last edited:

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Thanks David. That's good news.
The concern is; Hans lives in Sweden, and will be taking a train to & flying from Denmark..
Current flight requirements from many Eu Countries is 1 week quarantine after the flight and 1 week after returning home.
If the quarantine requirement is still in effect in June, the trip would be cancelled.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Ron, you know my computer skills.
Being an honest man, I can actually say that Nuuuuuthing is "soo EZ" that even Ted could do it.
I better understand the situation now, Ted. Thanks for sharing.

Ranger Jim

For those who might be coming to the rally. There's a very interesting restaurant/brewery located about 65 miles (hour and twenty minutes) away. It's called Top of the Rock. Located near Jasper, TN and situated on top of the mountain overlooking the Nickajack Lake and Dam. Very scenic location. Definitely worth checking out. I mean, you gotta eat anyway. Right?

TRM-KS

Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned/answered already...will there be support from a "local" Kaw dealership should anyone need assistance? Looks like the nearest is south of Huntsville. With or without their support it might be a good idea to contact them and let them know we'll be in the area. And to cough up $5000 worth of swag...;)

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned/answered already...will there be support from a "local" Kaw dealership should anyone need assistance? Looks like the nearest is south of Huntsville. With or without their support it might be a good idea to contact them and let them know we'll be in the area. And to cough up $5000 worth of swag...;)
Good question. To date Lake Guntersville Powersports has been contacted (Dec '20 timeframe). Will Pickard, Parts Manager, knows about our rally in June and promised he would stock up on tires, batteries, etc., for the various make/model bikes we expect to have. No, the do not specialize in Kawasaki, as you likely know already. The closest Kawasaki dealer I know of is in Decatur, AL (55 miles from Rally central); Allsport Powersports. I've not had much luck with Freedom Powersports, in the past, on my Concours.

Tom NWGA

Good question. To date Lake Guntersville Powersports has been contacted (Dec '20 timeframe). Will Pickard, Parts Manager, knows about our rally in June and promised he would stock up on tires, batteries, etc., for the various make/model bikes we expect to have. No, the do not specialize in Kawasaki, as you likely know already. The closest Kawasaki dealer I know of is in Decatur, AL (55 miles from Rally central); Allsport Powersports. I've not had much luck with Freedom Powersports, in the past, on my Concours.
We have received support from a local shop. You would be advised to contact them with particular requirements for tires , oil, and the like in advance of your arrival. Ph. (256) 891-1133

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Attention campers!!!! Check out the Morning Coffee at the Campground post in the Camping Thread. If you're camping with us, please register soon and post up THERE, so I have a feel for a daily head count. Register now. Summer is nearly here!! Thanks.

Tom NWGA

A teaser for upcoming article in Concourier....
Whiskey Trail, 2 hours, 14 minutes (one way), 91 miles
The Town of Lynchburg, TN is a quaint little place with a certain well-known production facility.

Mt. Cheaha route, 195 miles, 4 hours 28 minutes
Mt. Cheaha is the highest elevation point in Alabama at 2,411 feet. Rolling countryside most of the way until you reach Skyline Drive at Hwy 78, then the fun begins!

Whitwell, TN loop, 4 hours, 188 miles
Whitwell lies in Sequatchie Valley of southeast Tennessee and is home to a WWII Holocaust Memorial as documented in a film called Paper Clips.

It's AL here (with some in TN and GA, too)!

ron203

Southeast Area Director
A teaser for upcoming article in Concourier....
Whiskey Trail, 2 hours, 14 minutes (one way), 91 miles
The Town of Lynchburg, TN is a quaint little place with a certain well-known production facility.

Mt. Cheaha route, 195 miles, 4 hours 28 minutes
Mt. Cheaha is the highest elevation point in Alabama at 2,411 feet. Rolling countryside most of the way until you reach Skyline Drive at Hwy 78, then the fun begins!

Whitwell, TN loop, 4 hours, 188 miles
Whitwell lies in Sequatchie Valley of southeast Tennessee and is home to a WWII Holocaust Memorial as documented in a film called Paper Clips.

It's AL here (with some in TN and GA, too)!
You know Tom, I need go over there sometime and play tourist. Apparently there’s a lot stuff there I still need to see.

Want to meet me there with some friends, say in mid June and let’s hang out for a few days? Bring your bike, too.😉

Konehead34

Now that was too easy.... registered and called for a room all in ten minutes.. only waited 2 minutes for someone to pick up at the lodge...

Now if i could just figure out how to order shirts for the rally... cuz im nit seeing a link....
Ted point me in the right direction, cuz ron says ur a MASTER at this computer stuff....lol

Tom NWGA

Now that was too easy.... registered and called for a room all in ten minutes.. only waited 2 minutes for someone to pick up at the lodge...

Now if i could just figure out how to order shirts for the rally... cuz im nit seeing a link....
Ted point me in the right direction, cuz ron says ur a MASTER at this computer stuff....lol
Link to merchandise is near the bottom of the registration page. Deadline for orders is end of this month, so don't delay!

Ranger Jim

For those of you who are planning to attend the upcoming National rally and who are fans of cast iron cookware, the Lodge manufacturing company, makers of premium cast iron cookware is just over and hour's ride north of rally central in South Pittsburgh, TN. This is heirloom quality stuff, made in the good ol' US of A. Cookware that can be passed down for generations. Great stuff.

Ranger Jim

While it seems that Covid-19 restrictions are lifting some, that doesn't mean that we need to discontinue reasonable safety precautions. The rally team will be encouraging wearing masks and maintaining social distancing and we're working with the venue to ensure we can offer a safe experience.

ron203

Southeast Area Director
I just read over the state by state travel restrictions and was encouraged that travel restrictions have opened up in almost all states, especially for those who are fully vaccinated or have had the virus.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-state-travel-restrictions-covid-19/index.html

As Jim said, precautions are and WILL BE encouraged, but the pursuit of that fresh air, two-wheeled lifestyle is looking good. Two months out from the Rally today, so if you want to get vaccinated, your options are open. A quick poll on the last rally committee call of 7 showed the vast majority of the committee was fully vaccinated. Hope most of the club is and you are, too! Looking good for the rally!

Some of have been on site four-five times in the last year. Alabama has been very user friendly to us. Like I said, looking forward to seeing y’all!

Last edited:

swampcat

Street Cruiser
If you are into Indy Car, you may have seen the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama today at the Barber race track. Not only was it a great race — despite the large first-lap shunt — it showed off the track where you will have an opportunity to ride parade laps. I'm looking forward to getting pictures of our Connies on the track to publish in The Concourier. Come be a part of it!

Barber discounts for the Rally