• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

National Rally - information thread

Tom NWGA

Hello COG!
My name is Tom Sills, a.k.a. Volcantour, and I have the honor of being Rallymeister for the 2021 Ridge Runner National Rally being held June 14-18 at Lake Guntersville State Park outside of Guntersville, in northeast Alabama. I and the Rally Team are quite excited about the venue for the Rally as well as the great travel destinations nearby. And, oh yes, there are roads to enjoyable get you hither and yon. As was stated in the Concourier article, It's AL Here! I highly recommend reading the article if you have not already!
This space on the forum will be updated time to time with information about the venue, the various attractions in the area, the roads, and the variety of activities available to Rally participants.
We will have the website and online registration ready to go online by January. Information about lodging options is already available through separate threads and at the current Rally website landing page on the COG site.
Look forward to having y'all come on down in June!
Tom (Volcantour)

On another thread there is discussion about finding dual sport rides. We are continuing to research that option. In the meantime, Rally team member David Hamil has pulled together a good listing of motorcycle route websites to which I've attached comments. Another option which I regularly enjoy is the ride to Cheaha Mountain State Park which contains the highest elevation in the State of Alabama. Use this information to explore the area around the Rally and reliance upon my footnotes is at your own risk! Enjoy!

Attachments

• COG Rally Rides.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
The local Convention and Visitor's Bureau (CVB) told David yesterday that we should be making reservations if we're going to the rally June 14-18th, 2021 because that's a busy time in the area. We're working on getting the registration page up, but you don't have to wait for that to reserve.

The local Convention and Visitor's Bureau (CVB) told David yesterday that we should be making reservations if we're going to the rally June 14-18th, 2021 because that's a busy time in the area. We're working on getting the registration page up, but you don't have to wait for that to reserve.
... to add to this, the CVB said campers and camping is way UP, due to Covid, so it will fill-up quicker than in the past (i.e., pre- 2020). If you are a camper, get a spot soon.

FYI, the weekend immediately after our rally is a "hydoplane race on the lake in front of the park" weekend, so I would not be surprised to see boating fans filtering in at mid-week to get a good spot in the park.

Is there a site map available? I'm looking at all the different types of lodging available and it would be helpful to see what's where.

Is there a site map available? I'm looking at all the different types of lodging available and it would be helpful to see what's where.
Just do a google search for the state park. You will be able to see where the camping is in relation to the lodge, lake, nearest town, ect. You should even be able to see the layout of the campground to look for the site you might want.

Just do a google search for the state park. You will be able to see where the camping is in relation to the lodge, lake, nearest town, ect. You should even be able to see the layout of the campground to look for the site you might want.
Yeah I see it on Google but was hoping for one from the park itself. Google does show the lodge and trailer camping spots and such. What it doesn't show clearly are the cabins. If the lake side cabins are what I think I'm looking at they are quite a ways away from the lodge. I also see other cabins closer to the lodge but they are not labeled at all. Just not quite as clear as I would have hoped. I'll figure it out. Thanks.

I meant the state parks site not just google maps. It should have information on all of the park accommodations and how it make the reservations. I made mine at the lodge so I just followed the info from the main rally tab and called reservations.

Here is a link from my reservation email.
For your convenience in the future, you can make reservations online at www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville

I meant the state parks site not just google maps. It should have information on all of the park accommodations and how it make the reservations. I made mine at the lodge so I just followed the info from the main rally tab and called reservations.

Here is a link from my reservation email.
For your convenience in the future, you can make reservations online at www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville
I was on their site exploring but on the right under lodging they have Camper Cabins, Camping, Exec Chalet, Lakeside Cabins, etc... It would be nice to know where each of these are in relation to the main lodge. I don't want to have to walk a mile to get to breakfast. LOL. It's all good and thank you for the pointers. I'll be making reservations hopefully this evening.

The chalets are what’s left besides the lodge and the camping spots. The chalets are up on the ridge near the lodge as I recall. The lakeside cabin are a LONG walk from the restaurant.

The chalets are what’s left besides the lodge and the camping spots. The chalets are up on the ridge near the lodge as I recall. The lakeside cabin are a LONG walk from the restaurant.
The girl who took my reservations was great and let me know exactly where everything is. Yes the lakeside cabins are a hike! LOL. We will be in one of the chalets closest to the lodge. Can't wait!

Hello COG!
My name is Tom Sills, a.k.a. Volcantour, and I have the honor of being Rallymeister for the 2021 Ridge Runner National Rally being held June 14-18 at Lake Guntersville State Park outside of Guntersville, in northeast Alabama. I and the Rally Team are quite excited about the venue for the Rally as well as the great travel destinations nearby. And, oh yes, there are roads to enjoyable get you hither and yon. As was stated in the Concourier article, It's AL Here! I highly recommend reading the article if you have not already!
This space on the forum will be updated time to time with information about the venue, the various attractions in the area, the roads, and the variety of activities available to Rally participants.
We will have the website and online registration ready to go online by January. Information about lodging options is already available through separate threads and at the current Rally website landing page on the COG site.
Look forward to having y'all come on down in June!
Tom (Volcantour)
Just in case you missed it, it's JANUARY! I need to register before my wife plans something else!

There will be a paper registration form in the Concourier and the information is being submitted at the moment to the Event Coordinator for creation of the actual webpage. In the meantime, you could always reserve your lodging or campsite and tell your wife that your reservations are non-refundable (not true actually)... but tell her that, so she doesn't mess with you. (If you're brave...) 😉

Guntersville sunrise.jpg

Poker Run: Hey, are you game for a scenic, no-fee, five (5)-stop, ~65-mile, Poker Run on Tue am., June 15; one that covers a perimeter route around a large portion of Lake Guntersville / TN River, and one where merchandise prize awards are selected by you? Hopefully, you are saying “Yes, I’m in!” This will be a fun event that allow you to leave out just after breakfast on Tue., or maybe a little later if you desire. Note, we will set-up a time for first bike out (FBO) and a time for last bike in (LBI), where the LBI will be well before lunch-time. We'll send you on your way by lunch-time.

Details: Unlike a typical Poker Run, where a card (e.g., Ace of Spades) is selected at each stop, here you will select three (3) poker chips of “possible” varying color. Over the course of the run, you will have selected fifteen (15). Thus, this is really a Poker (“Chip”) Run.

Another interesting twist here is, you will not know how well you are doing, when compared against others. Why? Because we won’t determine the value of each colored chip (note, there are 3 chip colors) until the end of the run; back at the state park lodge. It’s simple and hopefully it will encourage all participants to complete the entire run.

Scoring & Prize Selection: Following the last stop (stop 5), we will determine the value of each chip color (via a random draw of each color (in succession) from a chip bag that only contains the 3 colors). Once the value of each chip is determined, then run volunteers will score each card. The individual with the highest total chips value will get first dibs on a merchandize prize from the prize table, then the next highest person gets to choose their prize, etc. This will continue until we run out of prizes. In case there is a tie where two (2) or more individuals have the same total, then they will go to the prize table at the same time.

We look forward to your participation!

This is just one of many fun events we have planned for you at our upcoming rally!

Howdy! Rally registration is up and running minus the merchandise store, which should be working with the web page sometime tomorrow. The Rally Leadership added a shirt color at the last minute to provide members with a few more options. I'll post again when the store is ready to receive orders for rally merchandise!
Registration, it's almost AL there...

The merchandise store is now open for your shopping pleasure! Just go to the link on the Rally Registration web page. Easy Peasy!

All merchandise available for purchase until April 30. After that time the store closes down. There will be NO merchandise available for sale at the Rally itself.

Many thanks go to the volunteer COG staff that enabled the store to open up so soon!

I just went to register for the national. I didn't see any way to add my wife to the same transaction. She is an Associate Member. You can only add a guest.
Does she have to do a separate transaction?

Hey Gang!
Got the following information from Barber Motorsports Museum today and I'm stoked! Know you will be too!

We here at Barber were excited to hear the 2021 National Rally of the Concours Owners Group will be in Alabama in June 2021. Based on your requests in the email below BVMM can offer a 20% discount on the following options:

Museum admission $15.00 less 20% = $12.00 + tax ($13.20)

Guided tour of museum with behind the scene look at restoration $30.00 less 20% = $24.00 + tax ($26.40)

Parade laps (guided/paced) on the Barber race track ADD to either option above $15.00 less 20% = $12.00 + tax ($16.20)

The dates we can offer these prices will be June 15,16 and 17. The menu allows for a person to choose what they want to do with the minimum being a self-guided tour of the museum for $13.20 and the maximum being guided tour with parade laps on track for $39.60. Payment will be to the museum at the time of arriving. Admission will be good for all day. The museum will provide armbands to identify who is participating in what option.

Self- guided tours are anytime during the museum open hours (10-6).

Guided tours will be scheduled for 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM each day. Parade laps will take place one time only each day and begin at 12:30. Anyone wishing to do the parade lap must be on site by 12 Noon in order to sign a track liability waiver and participate in a safety meeting conducted by BVMM staff prior to track access. BVMM will provide a guide and pace motorcycle. The availability of these options is dependent upon the status of COVID-19 at the time of the Rally.

Payment is to be made on the day of the visit to the Museum upon arrival.

1-29-21 Prices corrected.

Last edited:
Sounds like this will be a great location. What is included in the registration fee? Looking forward to June in Al.

....and the fellowship of 100+ like minded concours owners (some ride other bikes as well) riding some great roads. What i love about our national rally, is that the committee puts together a route package of between 8 and 20 routes of various lengths,usually between 120 and 400 miles. The routes usually include attractions to stop for and places to eat.

And if u should breakdown or have problems, you'll be surprised at how many cog friends will stop to check on u, and help u out.

True story...i had a radiator leak at the Pennsylvania national couple years ago, in a remote area with no cell service. Aftr getting my c14 back to a main road i had 4 groups stop to offer help, water, rok straps (to strap down the tuperware i had removed to investigate) and one coggers favorite beverage container. Thanks again u guys, and you know who u are. When i finlly arranged a trailer for pick up, i had another group of coggers stop to help me roll it onto the barge. Lol all this occuring in the afternoon before the rally banquet. And once back at rally central, more help and any tools i may need and a refreshing adult beverage from one of the best coggers out there .... connie rider, thanks again ted.

So u may have just some great riding or you may an excellent adventure.....hope to see you there!!

Registration for the Rally is open. There's a little change in the process this time because of the new forum software. IF you have an Associate member to register like I did, you will need to log them in under THEIR account to register to get the member price of $120.

If you register them as a GUEST, it'll be $135. Membership has its benefits.
Wild Apricot has each person's record linked to THEIR email address. Previously, they could be linked to yours. Not my doing.

I registered a while back and this morning I logged in as my Associate member wife, Katie using HER email and registered her. Sorry for the "messing around" required, but that's the way the platform works.

Pretty well disgusted with the Lake Guntersville online system to register for LODGING. I am not a camper - did that 50 years ago and I'm just not interested.

Either I'm not finding the right button to push (made two separate phone calls, neither of which was returned) or I just don't have the political sway to register for something that approximates a place to crash during the rally.

Forget it. I'll go elsewhere. I am registered for the rally, but that doesn't mean I have to put up with Lake Guntersville's crappy registration system. Their loss, not mine.

Pretty well disgusted with the Lake Guntersville online system to register for LODGING. I am not a camper - did that 50 years ago and I'm just not interested.

Either I'm not finding the right button to push (made two separate phone calls, neither of which was returned) or I just don't have the political sway to register for something that approximates a place to crash during the rally.

Forget it. I'll go elsewhere. I am registered for the rally, but that doesn't mean I have to put up with Lake Guntersville's crappy registration system. Their loss, not mine.
I called the lodge. Went to voice mail. I left my name, number and hung up. This was at 4:30. I got a call back around 6:30 by the nicest young lady. Got me all setup. Don't mistake small town unautomated systems as being crappy... Just sayin..

I called later in the day, 6PM, EST and got a human, same woman I think, Amanda? Could be a number of reasons, staffing, time, etc..., don't give up they are there and know exactly who we are and when we are coming in and how to give us the correct rate.

They are typically nice there, if a little understaffed. Most hotels are busy between about 7:30 &9:30 am and 4:30 &6:00 pm. I’d avoid those times if possible.

Just called em direct at 256-571-5440. Pressed "1" for reservations, got a very helpful lady in a couple rings... easy peasy
Booked a lake view room in the lodge, check in Sunday, check out Friday....... decent rate too!!!
Looking forward to it!

Awesome!! If you hang around for the weekend after the rally, they're having hydroplane races on the lake in front of the campground.

Awesome!! If you hang around for the weekend after the rally, they're having hydroplane races on the lake in front of the campground.
Oops! Not so correct. The Hydrofest events are usually the weekend after our scheduled visit, but not so this year! From the website:
"Despite this year's cancellation of the weekend event, the race for the Southern Cup will still take place on Saturday, June 27th - virtually."

Have had some questions about what a participant gets for their registration fee, so here goes. A schedule will be posted soon as we get some of the principal events nailed down but generally your registration covers the following:

• Monday evening Opening Social,
  • Wednesday evening Ice Cream Social
  • Thursday evening banquet which includes full dinner with a speaker and entertainment,
  • Tech Session presentations from vendors and others supported with A/V equipment,
  • Event Insurance from AMA,
  • Use of the many excellent facilities available at the Lodge and Campground for a full week to house vendors, registration, tech presentations, and social events.

In addition, without cost to the registrant:
  • Countless hours spent by dedicated volunteers checking out and getting discounts at the various venues, mapping out ride routes, taking on-site registrations, greeting and orienting guests, collecting and distributing swag, and organizing this event
With the overall goal to make it AL! that it can be.

And for those seeking information on registration, we intend to have registration table open from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning.

Oops! Not so correct. The Hydrofest events are usually the weekend after our scheduled visit, but not so this year! From the website:
"Despite this year's cancellation of the weekend event, the race for the Southern Cup will still take place on Saturday, June 27th - virtually."
I stand corrected. Bitten by a covid cancellation again.

I called the lodge. Went to voice mail. I left my name, number and hung up. This was at 4:30. I got a call back around 6:30 by the nicest young lady. Got me all setup. Don't mistake small town unautomated systems as being crappy... Just sayin..
Whatever the reason, two voice mails and an email couldn't penetrate their system. Online booking system was also fubar.

I got a room down in Albertville (13 miles south) for half of what the lodge is charging. Like I said, their loss, not mine.

And for those seeking information on registration, we intend to have registration table open from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
including our having on-site participation by local Visitors and Convention bureau staff, on Sun afternoon and Mon, to answer ?s about area attractions, places to eat, etc. Any fishermen and/or boaters/skiers in the group? If so, plenty to get involved in there, in this arena!

Hey Gang!
Got the following information from Barber Motorsports Museum today and I'm stoked! Know you will be too!

We here at Barber were excited to hear the 2021 National Rally of the Concours Owners Group will be in Alabama in June 2021. Based on your requests in the email below BVMM can offer a 20% discount on the following options:

Museum admission $15.00 less 20% = $12.00 + tax ($13.20)

Guided tour of museum with behind the scene look at restoration $30.00 less 20% = $24.00 + tax ($26.40)

Parade laps (guided/paced) on the Barber race track ADD to either option above $15.00 less 20% = $12.00 + tax ($16.20)

The dates we can offer these prices will be June 15,16 and 17. The menu allows for a person to choose what they want to do with the minimum being a self-guided tour of the museum for $13.20 and the maximum being guided tour with parade laps on track for $39.60. Payment will be to the museum at the time of arriving. Admission will be good for all day. The museum will provide armbands to identify who is participating in what option.

Self- guided tours are anytime during the museum open hours (10-6).

Guided tours will be scheduled for 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM each day. Parade laps will take place one time only each day and begin at 12:30. Anyone wishing to do the parade lap must be on site by 12 Noon in order to sign a track liability waiver and participate in a safety meeting conducted by BVMM staff prior to track access. BVMM will provide a guide and pace motorcycle. The availability of these options is dependent upon the status of COVID-19 at the time of the Rally.

Payment is to be made on the day of the visit to the Museum upon arrival.

1-29-21 Prices corrected.

I will definitely take advantage of this.
Looking at bikes is almost as much fun as riding them.... to me anyway.

I rode the parade lap at Mid Ohio Race Track back in 1990s when the AMA Super Bike Races ran there.
Great experience.
AMA Super Bike Racing used to draw huge crowds... and then it just sorta died out... I never really understood why.

See ya there.
Bob

Sooooooooooooo I have a spot to sleep. I COULD register for the rally BUT.
Would you rather I register and maybe have to cancel later or that I wait till the last minute to register like I normally do? What is the refund policy and level of hassle?

What is the refund policy and level of hassle?
Here below, is the refund policy, but the level of hassle is subjective and is probably a question for the COG Treasurer.
Cancellation/Refund Policy
Refund requests on/before June 1, 2021 are subject to a $20.00 service fee per registration. No refunds will be given for cancellations made after June 1, 2021. Refunds will be paid by check and sent via USPS after the event.

If you must withdraw from the event after June 1st and wish to receive your rally bag, you will be responsible for making your own arrangements prior to the start of the rally. This may include finding someone to bring your rally bag home for you, or making arrangements to pay to have your rally bag shipped to you. Merchandise not claimed by Friday, June 18th will be forfeited. Please contact someone on the rally leadership team to make arrangements.

info source= https://concours.org/event-3209542

SE COG and the RALly Team are looking forward to having you join us at this year's National Rally, held at the beautiful Lake Guntersville State Park (LGSP). Besides the gorgeous rALly central location, there are a lot of area attractions and great eating spots within a 1/4 to 1/2 day's scenic ride from the Lodge or campground.

If you are undecided about coming, are there any questions we may answer to help in your decision?

We don't want to see you miss out, schedule permitting.

David

SE COG and the RALly Team are looking forward to having you join us at this year's National Rally, held at the beautiful Lake Guntersville State Park (LGSP). Besides the gorgeous rALly central location, there are a lot of area attractions and great eating spots within a 1/4 to 1/2 day's scenic ride from the Lodge or campground.

If you are undecided about coming, are there any questions we may answer to help in your decision?

We don't want to see you miss out, schedule permitting.

David
David is right, time is growing short to be frugal and save a few buck by registering early. Get “stimulated “ and sign up, then order your shirts!!

Got to admit, that with all the Covid concerns about travel, I've been putting off my registration.
We now have our shots. Travel restrictions, size of gatherings seem to improving, and my wife has agreed to go.
I "will" get-er-dun.
I've been in contact with Hans-Ove. Their still planning to come too.
Also have concerns because of flight issues and their checking on the flight requirements.

Ride safe, Ted

Update: I just got-er-dun.. See y'all there... :)

Last edited:
Got to admit, that with all the Covid concerns about travel, I've been putting off my registration.
We now have our shots. Travel restrictions, size of gatherings seem to improving, and my wife has agreed to go.
I "will" get-er-dun.
Also have concerns because of flight issues and their checking on the flight requirements.

Ride safe, Ted

Well it’s a good thing since your on the volunteer/told list!! Looking forward to seeing you there!!

I "will" get-er-dun.

Ride safe, Ted

Great, Ted. I flew twice last year, from north AL to Los Angeles on one trip and San Francisco on another. It was during the heat of all the CoVID stuff, but all worked out/well. During one of the trips my wife and I did part of the CA coast (from Seattle to San Fran), flying out and renting bikes, out and about as best we could.

Even with your shots, mask up and follow all the sanitizing safety precautions and y'all (southern enuf) will fare/fair well.

Great, Ted. I flew twice last year, from north AL to Los Angeles on one trip and San Francisco on another. It was during the heat of all the CoVID stuff, but all worked out/well. During one of the trips my wife and I did part of the CA coast (from Seattle to San Fran), flying out and renting bikes, out and about as best we could.

Even with your shots, mask up and follow all the sanitizing safety precautions and y'all (southern enuf) will fare/fair well.

Thanks David. That's good news.
The concern is; Hans lives in Sweden, and will be taking a train to & flying from Denmark..
Current flight requirements from many Eu Countries is 1 week quarantine after the flight and 1 week after returning home.
If the quarantine requirement is still in effect in June, the trip would be cancelled.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Ron, you know my computer skills.
Being an honest man, I can actually say that Nuuuuuthing is "soo EZ" that even Ted could do it.

Last edited:
Thanks David. That's good news.
The concern is; Hans lives in Sweden, and will be taking a train to & flying from Denmark..
Current flight requirements from many Eu Countries is 1 week quarantine after the flight and 1 week after returning home.
If the quarantine requirement is still in effect in June, the trip would be cancelled.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Ron, you know my computer skills.
Being an honest man, I can actually say that Nuuuuuthing is "soo EZ" that even Ted could do it.
I better understand the situation now, Ted. Thanks for sharing.

For those who might be coming to the rally. There's a very interesting restaurant/brewery located about 65 miles (hour and twenty minutes) away. It's called Top of the Rock. Located near Jasper, TN and situated on top of the mountain overlooking the Nickajack Lake and Dam. Very scenic location. Definitely worth checking out. I mean, you gotta eat anyway. Right?

Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned/answered already...will there be support from a "local" Kaw dealership should anyone need assistance? Looks like the nearest is south of Huntsville. With or without their support it might be a good idea to contact them and let them know we'll be in the area. And to cough up $5000 worth of swag...;)

Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned/answered already...will there be support from a "local" Kaw dealership should anyone need assistance? Looks like the nearest is south of Huntsville. With or without their support it might be a good idea to contact them and let them know we'll be in the area. And to cough up $5000 worth of swag...;)
Good question. To date Lake Guntersville Powersports has been contacted (Dec '20 timeframe). Will Pickard, Parts Manager, knows about our rally in June and promised he would stock up on tires, batteries, etc., for the various make/model bikes we expect to have. No, the do not specialize in Kawasaki, as you likely know already. The closest Kawasaki dealer I know of is in Decatur, AL (55 miles from Rally central); Allsport Powersports. I've not had much luck with Freedom Powersports, in the past, on my Concours.

Good question. To date Lake Guntersville Powersports has been contacted (Dec '20 timeframe). Will Pickard, Parts Manager, knows about our rally in June and promised he would stock up on tires, batteries, etc., for the various make/model bikes we expect to have. No, the do not specialize in Kawasaki, as you likely know already. The closest Kawasaki dealer I know of is in Decatur, AL (55 miles from Rally central); Allsport Powersports. I've not had much luck with Freedom Powersports, in the past, on my Concours.
We have received support from a local shop. You would be advised to contact them with particular requirements for tires , oil, and the like in advance of your arrival. Ph. (256) 891-1133

Attention campers!!!! Check out the Morning Coffee at the Campground post in the Camping Thread. If you're camping with us, please register soon and post up THERE, so I have a feel for a daily head count. Register now. Summer is nearly here!! Thanks.

A teaser for upcoming article in Concourier....
Whiskey Trail, 2 hours, 14 minutes (one way), 91 miles
The Town of Lynchburg, TN is a quaint little place with a certain well-known production facility.

Mt. Cheaha route, 195 miles, 4 hours 28 minutes
Mt. Cheaha is the highest elevation point in Alabama at 2,411 feet. Rolling countryside most of the way until you reach Skyline Drive at Hwy 78, then the fun begins!

Whitwell, TN loop, 4 hours, 188 miles
Whitwell lies in Sequatchie Valley of southeast Tennessee and is home to a WWII Holocaust Memorial as documented in a film called Paper Clips.

It's AL here (with some in TN and GA, too)!

A teaser for upcoming article in Concourier....
Whiskey Trail, 2 hours, 14 minutes (one way), 91 miles
The Town of Lynchburg, TN is a quaint little place with a certain well-known production facility.

Mt. Cheaha route, 195 miles, 4 hours 28 minutes
Mt. Cheaha is the highest elevation point in Alabama at 2,411 feet. Rolling countryside most of the way until you reach Skyline Drive at Hwy 78, then the fun begins!

Whitwell, TN loop, 4 hours, 188 miles
Whitwell lies in Sequatchie Valley of southeast Tennessee and is home to a WWII Holocaust Memorial as documented in a film called Paper Clips.

It's AL here (with some in TN and GA, too)!
You know Tom, I need go over there sometime and play tourist. Apparently there’s a lot stuff there I still need to see.

Want to meet me there with some friends, say in mid June and let’s hang out for a few days? Bring your bike, too.😉

Now that was too easy.... registered and called for a room all in ten minutes.. only waited 2 minutes for someone to pick up at the lodge...

Now if i could just figure out how to order shirts for the rally... cuz im nit seeing a link....
Ted point me in the right direction, cuz ron says ur a MASTER at this computer stuff....lol

Now that was too easy.... registered and called for a room all in ten minutes.. only waited 2 minutes for someone to pick up at the lodge...

Now if i could just figure out how to order shirts for the rally... cuz im nit seeing a link....
Ted point me in the right direction, cuz ron says ur a MASTER at this computer stuff....lol
Link to merchandise is near the bottom of the registration page. Deadline for orders is end of this month, so don't delay!

For those of you who are planning to attend the upcoming National rally and who are fans of cast iron cookware, the Lodge manufacturing company, makers of premium cast iron cookware is just over and hour's ride north of rally central in South Pittsburgh, TN. This is heirloom quality stuff, made in the good ol' US of A. Cookware that can be passed down for generations. Great stuff.

While it seems that Covid-19 restrictions are lifting some, that doesn't mean that we need to discontinue reasonable safety precautions. The rally team will be encouraging wearing masks and maintaining social distancing and we're working with the venue to ensure we can offer a safe experience.

I just read over the state by state travel restrictions and was encouraged that travel restrictions have opened up in almost all states, especially for those who are fully vaccinated or have had the virus.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-state-travel-restrictions-covid-19/index.html

As Jim said, precautions are and WILL BE encouraged, but the pursuit of that fresh air, two-wheeled lifestyle is looking good. Two months out from the Rally today, so if you want to get vaccinated, your options are open. A quick poll on the last rally committee call of 7 showed the vast majority of the committee was fully vaccinated. Hope most of the club is and you are, too! Looking good for the rally!

Some of have been on site four-five times in the last year. Alabama has been very user friendly to us. Like I said, looking forward to seeing y’all!

Last edited:
If you are into Indy Car, you may have seen the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama today at the Barber race track. Not only was it a great race — despite the large first-lap shunt — it showed off the track where you will have an opportunity to ride parade laps. I'm looking forward to getting pictures of our Connies on the track to publish in The Concourier. Come be a part of it!

Barber discounts for the Rally

Tom I am fairly sure we will not arrive until Tuesday evening. Does that mean I can't sign the AMA form? Awwwww crapers.