• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

National What would you like to see.

TRM-KS

Yes, Mark, and with Cortez being my first National, I really appreciated those two learning opps. By the time Eureka Springs rolls around, those two subjects will definitely be worth revisiting, especially for some of our newer COG brothers and sisters who've joined since Cortez.

TRM-KS

Not sure how or if this might apply to Eureka Springs, but...I've attended each rally since Cortez 2015, and one of the best memories from those rallies (out of dozens) was the appearance by Dave Despain at the banquet in Helen in 2016. He was witty, supremely knowledgeable, approachable, and answered all the questions asked of him. He was truly one of "us" and I left an even bigger fan than I had been prior. Now, I'm pretty sure this was possible only because he lived an hour or so away from Helen, but what an impression he left. And I was blown away, too, that the rally team thought of this and managed to make it happen. Also, having the gentleman from the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum with us in Lake Guntersville was also a lark. So, my suggestion would be to keep the guest speaker thing alive, if possible.

Tom NWGA

Based on comments, it seems a significant number of members have difficulty with low speed handling. Perhaps a seminar explaining, demonstrating and practicing the techniques used?
I would second the idea to do some skills work during the Rally. With the proper waivers, the state MSF group should be able to offer something.

Ranger Jim

I would second the idea to do some skills work during the Rally. With the proper waivers, the state MSF group should be able to offer something.
There are (probably) enough MSF RiderCoaches in the club to put this on, if you're not looking for some kind of "training certificate."