• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

[NE] Brrr Ride will be back Nov 10-14 at Natural Bridge KOA

DustyStrom

The [NE] BRRR ride will be back over Veteran's Day Weekend (Nov 10 - 14)!!

Details will be coming out on the COG Calendar soon (once I get around to it) and I will update this Forum entry when it does.

There has been lots of talk about moving the Brrr to a motel environment. We have multiple rides based on hotels (for example Jason's Dog Days) but not many "in the woods" events.

Clearly the demographics of COG and NE COG are evolving, but I wanted to keep an opportunity to close out the riding season with a camping type event. If not tents at least camping Cabins at the KOA where we have been for literally decades.

And especially with a communal campfire to gather around.

Hope to see you there, the fire will be blazing next to cabin #63.

For some additional interesting stuff Steve Smith was kind enough to print some history with comments from Guy Young in the NE2021 #5 newsletter ... good reading! You can find it in the COG Library in NE section.

Last edited:
Good to keep traditions going.......................
Hard to believe at one time there might have been 25 - 30 riders at this event!
I hope the weather is great!
Great riding in the area! You won't be disappointed with the Riding.
jason

Not to be confused with the SE Brrr Ride To Eat that happens each February. (Y'all are invited to that one, too!) LOL...

Ride on!!

Not to be confused with the SE Brrr Ride To Eat that happens each February. (Y'all are invited to that one, too!) LOL...

Ride on!!

Hmmm... "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." The NE "Brrr Ride" has been an annual COGNE tradition since 1989 :sneaky:

Calendar Brrr
Have loaded the 11/10-11/14/2022 Brrr ride onto the COG calendar {please see link above).

Love this ride and looking forward to the crisp fall air!

Last edited:
Just had official start to summer but not too early to be thinking FALL! 2021 Brrr ride on the BRP photo! 2021 Brrr foilage.jpg

2006 Brrr Shoulda got them Electrics - small size.JPG
Who can identify the two fine gentlement (with frozen fingers) at the 2006 Brrr ride Buckwheat Pancakes breakfast?

Prizes awarded to first guesses here in this thread at the campfire.

No final word yet on this year's annual Blue Grass Buckwheat Pancakes charity breakfast date selection {Saturday or Sunday}. Standby here for info.

View attachment 33423
Who can identify the two fine gentlement (with frozen fingers) at the 2006 Brrr ride Buckwheat Pancakes breakfast?

Prizes awarded to first guesses here in this thread at the campfire.

No final word yet on this year's annual Blue Grass Buckwheat Pancakes charity breakfast date selection {Saturday or Sunday}. Standby here for info.
Penn and Watson

Two of the COG NE stalwarts weigh in, congratulations to both of you! (Edit congrats to Guy & Pat)

Calling Roger123 for fire skills:
Fire.jpeg

Interested in the WV weather?
VT Mountain Weather data

Yeah, yeah most of us have a variety of cool apps but here is a website you may like.

Virginia Tech maintains several meteorological research sites and provides weather data online for places like:
Dolly Sods
Spruce Knob summit
Canaan Valley
Canaan Valley Summit

Enjoy!

Ok, again for special prize at campfire, 2018 Brrr who are these guys (and for a bonus where was picture taken)?
5067.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm haven't made it since 2007 or was it 2008? Might be time for another sortie! As long as I'm not stuck in a tent LOL!

Close enough! Paul, Roger and Dusty with Tom taking the picture. At the
Halcyon Cider Co only 1 mile from the KOA and 1/2 mile from the Pink Cadillac.

That's like one kilometer or so for our Canadian buddies.

Ok, here is today's contest question:

Who is the reigning "Cabin 63 Queen" and what are pros and cons of accepting the honor?

Got a winner from a personal text response.

Yes "The Cabin 63 Queen" is none other than Paul!

One room of the cabin has 4 bunk beds and the other {first as you enter} has a queen bed.

Since Paul is pretty much the tallest we have always given that to him. (Not because he snivels, or because he is a Lawyer - but because the rest of us are great fellows!)

Pros include plenty of space, and very own electric outlet for his queen electric blankie.

Some cons include that sneaky folks can shut the divider door with the tiny space heater on our side. And, of course, every 27 minutes someone bangs open the wooden door going outside for "nature calls" letting in tons of freezing cold air!

It's officially autumn, the leaves are staring to fall and I'm thinking of shifting from the mesh jacket. Obviously the Brrr ride can't be too far away!

I am tentative for this ride. I have to travel for work the week prior which maybe complicate my attending but this quarter is the best riding in the NE in my opinion. I love cold weather riding.

@IKnowYouRider hope you do make it to Brrr. As also we hope our Canadian buddies do ... I've decided to stop throwing shade at the Canadians cause ... well ... you know:
Canada FdoDxMEaEAAu_e1.jpg

picture shamelessly stolen from ADVRider

Last edited:
Alas the Blue Grass
Ruritans have decided to discontinue the fall Hunters Breakfast (aka Buckwheat pancakes).

So thawing out for breakfast at High's in Monterey is the plan -- here we come!

Cool morning and evenings have arrived, with very warm days. Believe will be nice and crispy for Brrr.

Shifted away from mesh jacket this weekend and put on the heated shirt, would have been even better if I replaced that intermittent power wire!

Remember, fire 🔥 by Cabin 63.

Last edited:
Brrr is only a week away!

Kaleidoscope of Autumn colors down here, of course a percentage have fallen / will fall in great piles onto the road. So please be aware while riding and don't get mesmerized by the scenery.

Looks like a classic Brrr - unseasonably warm to start then a quick temperature drop over the weekend. Campfire 🔥 time!

Gonna be a great Brrr with some classic Wild and Crazy weather.

First will be record heat, then Tropical Storm Nicole will blow through and then huge temp drop to below freezing!

Ye Haw!

The season has ended up here on the mountain! You guys have fun and drink a cold one by the fire for me.
jason
cog #32