• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE Kansas ride - Sat. November 3

bikerhawk

Kansas AAD
I know this is really last-minute, but what the heck...

NE Kansas Loop & Lunch
Saturday, November 3
10:00 AM:  Meet @ Community America Ballpark parking lot (KCK - Legends/Speedway)
10:15 AM:  Stands up!  Ride toward Ozawkie, loop back toward Leavenworth
12:30 PMish:  Lunch @ High Noon Saloon & Brewery (206 Choctaw, Leavenworth)
After lunch:  Run down K-5, loop around Wyandotte County Lake, then back to starting point

RSVP here or email thuntjazz@gmail.com

Hope some of you can make it out!

I am in Parkville for the BSA Training but it looks like I may be done by 10:30am.  I will try and meet up with you guys for lunch...  I do enjoy the High Noon Saloon!!

The weather is looking good....  I know there are some more KC Coggers out there, love to meet you guys!  I should be at High Noon right around noon on my Red C-10 if all goes to plan.

MizzouMike said:
The weather is looking good....  I know there are some more KC Coggers out there, love to meet you guys!  I should be at High Noon right around noon on my Red C-10 if all goes to plan.

Trying to figure out how to hang my crutches on the bike..Still planning on lunch meetup

Looking like a small yet eager group for the ride, with a couple more meeting us in Leavenworth for lunch. Wife & I will be there approx. 9:45, me on the red Connie & wife on the XS1100. Cell is seven eight five, seven six oh, one four three six. See you in the morning!

bikerhawk said:
Looking like a small yet eager group for the ride, with a couple more meeting us in Leavenworth for lunch. Wife & I will be there approx. 9:45, me on the red Connie & wife on the XS1100. Cell is seven eight five, seven six oh, one four three six. See you in the morning!

1220 here at highnoon enjoying a cool one. I'm the one with the crutch.

The lunch ride was changed into a impromptu tech session:

IMAG0435 by MizzouMike, on Flickr
We were fortunate to have a parking lot demonstration on how to switch out a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder on a C-10!

We made it to lunch a little later than planned, but it was great to meet you guys!

Lets try this again in the spring!

Yeah, our ride turned into a tech session, thanks to my clutch slave cylinder blowing a seal on the ride in. Just what I wanted to do today...I'm getting too good at roadside/parking lot repair.  :truce:

The local dealer didn't have a seal in stock, and the closest one they could find on their network was in Warrensburg, MO...about an hour and a half away. Fortunately, MizzouMike has a C10 down for repair at his mom's place close by in Lansing, so I was able to jump on my wife's XS1100, buzz up there and borrow the slave cylinder from that bike to get me going again. Then he decided to document the situation for all of COGdom to see...thanks for that, Mike.  ;)

Got it buttoned up quickly (loving that Cruztools Roadtech kit I keep on the bike...highly recommended), bled & regrouped, then went ahead to the High Noon in Leavenworth for lunch. Wound up with 3 C10s and a C14 for our truncated ride. Had lunch, chatted some more, then went on our separate ways. The clutch worked flawlessly for me all the way back home. I'll get a couple seals ordered and Mike will get a nice rebuilt slave cylinder back ASAP.

I greatly appreciate the guys who came out today...thanks to all of you for your help today. Let's do it again in the spring...without the drama from the AAD's bike next time.  :beerchug:

I was headed out the door to try to retrace your route praying nobody went down..Glad if anything, it was minor technical difficulties.. :great:
Took a look around corner of building to see the bikes in the side lot.. :)

Good meeting up with you all! Next time I'll be on two wheels..

Oldnslo_mo and I do the Desoto breakfast most every Sunday except never really formally met, just conversation at the banquet table there..Like we said, you never know what classic or antique bike will roll in and its always a treat seeing the restored and/or survivor bikes..Would be a great meetup to start a ride..Just a thought

Sunday? Saturday looks drizzly and colder..Not a fair weather rider but why not plan on a nice day..

I'm cool with the same route as last time (without tech session)..Or anything else..

Im off crutches but wearing a brace that works with riding boots so Im riding this time.!! :motonoises:

I haven't checked with the wife yet, but if I don't have anything planned for me yet, I will try to join in. It would be nice to meet some of the locals.

gpete said:
I haven't checked with the wife yet, but if I don't have anything planned for me yet, I will try to join in. It would be nice to meet some of the locals.

Sounds Great if you can make it. Let me know, can meet up with me on way up to Legends if you're free.

Sorry gang,  I am not going to be able to make this one...  I didn't check the calendar, it looks like I am scheduled to attend a wedding, maybe next time

NE Kansas Loop & Lunch

Sunday December 2

10:00 AM:  Meet @ Community America Ballpark parking lot (KCK - Legends/Speedway)
10:15 AM:  Stands up!  Ride toward Ozawkie, loop back toward Leavenworth
12:30 PMish:  Lunch @ High Noon Saloon & Brewery (206 Choctaw, Leavenworth)
After lunch:  Run down K-5, loop around Wyandotte County Lake, then back to starting point

RSVP here or email happyrasmith@gmail.com

There are a few riders interested so even if one is interested, it's a ride!

SkidMark said:
You said Sunday dec. 1. Sunday is the 2nd. Is that what you meant?

Thanks for the heads up..Finding out mutil-tasking is a myth..or Im really bad at it

Yes! Sunday the 2nd

It was great to meet all of you. Lets keep in touch and maybe do some more rides this winter on our occasional nice days. Thank you Global Warming! ( sorry if I offended any polar bears) Take care. Mark.  ;D

Had a great time! Great weather!
Was good meeting ya'll I have not yet met.

Oldnslo obviously is a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misnomer
Sorry Mike, but I did have to work to keep up!! Got a little easier at the end after getting the new PR3's scrubbed up but still, you've got that bike tuned a lot quicker than mine..Not to mention, a better rider than I will ever be.

Trip was just long enough for my first after getting back on after 2 months of surgery recovery.

Definately making the trip to Baldwin to see Loren about a new seat. If I cant do that run without butt-burn, I wont be able to to 13 days.