• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(NE) MD Meet & Greet - Lunch at Crabby Pig (Cumberland) May 12, 2012

Gypsy JR

Please join us for a Maryland (and tri-state) area meet and greet. We'll have lunch at the Crabby Pig in Cumberland MD at 11:30 a.m., followed by ice cream at Page's, followed by a short afternoon ride. Route suggestions welcome. Bring a friend to introduce them to our Maryland COG family. Meet other Maryland COG members, eat some good food at the Crabby Pig in Cumberland, and go on a nice 1-2 hour ride in the mountains to help digest the fine lunch.

Please register online in the calendar for May 12th, 2012.

Hey guys,

The Crabby Pig is a great stop and Cumberland is a neat little town to explore.

There is a Deli/Ice Cream place that makes it's own ice cream. The Almond Joy is fantastic!

Will meet up with you if all works out.

Jason
cog 62

gsjay said:
Hey, I found the link to the Creamery.

http://www.queencitycreamery.com/

yum, yum,
jason

Adding that as a waypoint on my gps !  8)

After lunch we'll jet over to the Creamery and get a sugar rush, then I'm going to lead any interested parties on a ride over a cool part of old 40 and around a couple mountain peaks, and end up in Hagerstown on the Dual Highway at an Exxon. Folks can bail at any point, I love riding in the mountains and will go solo happily.

Besides, nobody could keep up with me.  :nananana:

The ride to Exxon in Hagerstown will be 1 hour 30 minutes long, and will go over a great scenic section of old 40 and around a couple mountain peaks. And only a couple minutes of superslab which is unavoidable because MD didn't preserve that section of old 40.

Early May ...... it will be very cool riding through mountain forest !

On the suggestion of a member, after lunch we will shoot over to Page's Ice Cream before taking off.

I have this on my calender, as well.  My farm is only 18 miles from Cumberland.
Thanks, Privateer for cranking things up a notch or two.

94gixxerod said:
I have this on my calender, as well.  My farm is only 18 miles from Cumberland.
Thanks, Privateer for cranking things up a notch or two.

One step at a time......      :motonoises:

Just a bump, looks like we have at least a one full large round table for lunch. The more the merrier.

Anyone in the tri-state area who can get to Cumberland on Saturday, May 12 come on over/down/up/sideways!

I'm going to try and make this. and then camp in Gore VA saturday night,  nice private campground there, forget the name but if anyone is interested will look for it and post it here. OK campground is the Cove, nice place.

We are coming in from Harpers Ferry KOA and wouldl ike ot do the ride back to Hagarstown after lunch. Then scoot South from there. Anyone riden 51? we are coming in that way.

51 is ok, not sure how the pavement is after the winter. It goes through farm country a lot. Haven't gone west on it for a couple years.

Just a reminder, Saturday the 12th is coming up fast. So plan on coming to the Pig and having lunch and ice cream at Page's after.

I was up in Cumberland yesterday for a meeting, and noticed the Crabby Pig has its on arrow sign at Canal Place showing which way to get to it. I didn't realize it was historic.  :motonoises:

Weather.com has Saturday in Hagerstown at 71 degrees and sunny, and 77 degrees and sunny in Cumberland.

Nice!

Joe_Cyprych_PA said:
i plan on being there, are you still meeting around noon for lunch, see yinz there.  joe

Figure I'll be there around 11am. I need to scout a parking space for my handicapped plate to park in.  :-[

^-^

Should be a great lunch
421.gif
at the Crabby Pig.  I'll have to make a point of stopping there on my way :motonoises: to the National in Eureka Springs next month.  In the meantime y'all eat some pulled pork for me.
  :)

Thanks everyone who came out to the Pig.  :beerchug:

We had to put 5 tables together I think it was, to accomodate everyone. Man, the pork bbq sandwich was great.

Page's Icecream.... yummy. 

Thanks much, John, for organizing this, it was a really nice get together. Great pork BBQ, too.

It was great to see some old COG friends, and to meet some new guys n gals.

8)

Pat

ditto on a good time, nice seeing old friends and met some new ones, got home around 7pm after we started running some numerous back roads in md and pa ( pat you would be proud we were even on a couple gravel roads  :motonoises: )  looking foward to seeing everyone again soon.  thanks joe

JR, my son and I had a great time at the Crabby Pig. I enjoyed meeting you, the ZX14 crew, Pat and others. Perhaps this could be an annual event?

94gixxerod said:
JR, my son and I had a great time at the Crabby Pig. I enjoyed meeting you, the ZX14 crew, Pat and others. Perhaps this could be an annual event?

No doubt, it should become an annual event for sure.

Who was it that took pictures? I'd like to see one of them in the new Concourier, if I could have copies sent to me please?