• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE - MD/PA/VA/WV - Ride to Mr. B's BBQ 09/15/2012

Gypsy JR

I am going to ride to Mr. B's BBQ at his new location on Saturday, September 15th, to eat some BBS for lunch. I will be there around 11:30 a.m.

Might drag some of my mc folks along if anyone wants to come, too.

Anyone is welcome, if you can do the miles, come on down for BBS.

6967 Lord Fairfax Highway  Berryville, VA 22611
(540) 955-1131

Google map:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=mr+b's+bbq+berryville&fb=1&gl=us&hq=mr+b's+bbq&hnear=0x89b5e3075704af79:0x6c8345567601e451,Berryville,+VA&cid=0,0,13232077880988991197&ei=rpMzUKy1Da7F0AHMooD4Dg&ved=0CIUBEPwSMAA

I'm hoping to make it there too.  Trying to convince my non-COG'r homees (AKA - my brother and son) to come too.  We love some good BBQ!

Excellant, hope quite a few show up! But I'm going anyway, to eat great BBQ. I'll be leaving from the parking lot in Hagerstown my mc usually stages at before a ride, in case any of them want to ride down too.

Nice, Russell, look forward to seeing you.

Looks like fine weather, but all in the mid-70s and sunny. I guess the summer is winding down, its almost October. WoW.

My mc is riding to Hudson Valley next weekend, leaving on Friday 21st. Looks like good weather going up, but Saturday in Newburgh looks like rain. Bleh!

Anyway, going to get ready to go down and have tasty BBQ in a few hours...

Yeah, it was very good to see all you guys n girls. A beautiful day to ride, and great BBQ, too!  :great:

And the BBQ was good as I remembered it. Glad to see so many.

Tony is mad at me, I made him late. I need to get 90 degree valve stems so when I'm on the road and need air, I can use a standard gas station's air station.

Or remember to put my Airman in the top case.

It was a real pleasure to meet some of you guys and gals.  I hope to attend more of these events in the future.  :great:

My daughter and I enjoyed visiting with everyone, and enjoyed the lunch at Mr B's BBQ.  After we left. the two of us took the scenic route to Harpers Ferry, in search of some much needed ice cream, but the road in town was closed for an event celebrating a Civil War Battle, so we rode over to Point of Rocks, MD.  There we found the Rock Point Creamery, where they do have some good ice cream ($$).  All in all, a very good day. 

Glenn said:
My daughter and I enjoyed visiting with everyone, and enjoyed the lunch at Mr B's BBQ.  After we left. the two of us took the scenic route to Harpers Ferry, in search of some much needed ice cream, but the road in town was closed for an event celebrating a Civil War Battle, so we rode over to Point of Rocks, MD.  There we found the Rock Point Creamery, where they do have some good ice cream ($$).  All in all, a very good day.

Rock Point Creamery is excellant, good find!

And yes, the Antietam re-enactment is in full swing, they have more volunteers for the 150th year anniversary than in a very long time. They didn't even do the re-enactment in recent years because money was so tight. So traffic on 67 and a few other roads is going to get really heavy at times.

I was worried about it going down yesterday, but it wasn't bad.