• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need good MC shop in MA or NH

battistacog

Big Wheel
After much study, I have decided not to rebuild my 2000 Concours carbs. So, I need a local shop near I495, I93, or Rt 3, that will do the job for me. Goal is less than 20 miles from Marlborough MA. Quality is #1, price is #2.

Chris, I live about an hour away in CT, if your willing to help with the teardown I can help you with the carb rebuild. I'm doing mine this weekend and have done several sets in the past. Let me know if you want to see if we can work something out. CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

A shop is going to charge major bucks and may not have anyone with Connie knowledge. I know this from painful personal experience. I would suggest that you take Norm up on his most kind offer. You will get a better result for less money. The actual rebuild of the carbs isn't hard. The most challenging part of the whole thing is the removal/replacement of the carb rack. Go ahead now and order the carb rebuild kit(s) AND new boots from Murph. Rich Ricziner (former Tech Ed) wrote an "how to" excellent article for the Fall "06 edition of CONCOURIER (I used it to rebuild my carbs for my 2000 Connie). It's available in the library here if you don't have one.

Norm: Thanks very much for your generous offer. Do you suggest I order new carb to engine boots AND carb to airbox boots? I am quite willing to do the actual rebuild with a bit of counsel. The removal of the carb assembly looked almost impossible. Call me at your convenience to discuss further: 508-323-2565

Chris, given the bikes age I would get the boots for the air box side but you don't need to engine side boots. The carb kits and I would recommend new piece of fuel line. I just got the kits and hose from Murph http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/ I'll call you on Thursday CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

I would try Anderson Cycle works in Framingham. 508.877.1144 166 Franklin St Framingham, ma 01702 No Web Site It is a two stall shop, Owner used to own a conny. I have dealt with him three times in the past year and on technical details - he was spot on with my later reading / research in the forums. It is down in the area near the RMV - just a bit further north across from Tommy Taxi. Low/no pressure - I should have listened to him much, much more carefully when he said - "Be careful - new tires are slippery for the first hundred miles" 10 miles from east side of Marlborough Tom Edwards

WrapUp: Another very happy COG member. Norm in CT helped me with the rebuild job. Steve Smith stopped by to provide moral support. Getting the rack of 4 carbs off was tough, the rubber boots on either side are tight. Actual cleaning and rebuild of the carbs was pretty easy using Murphs rebuild kits. Reinstalling the throttle cables was a pain, but workable with patience. There are a number of good writeups on the task. If you can't find one, let me know.