• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Needed ... Quality Bike Stand and Lift

Fenris38

Tricycle
Do you all have any suggestions on bike stands and lifts for use with my '04 Connie? I do most of my own maintenance and would appreciate some experienced tech/mech input.

I'd take a look at Harbor Freight Tools. They typically have what you need for a reasonable price. I looked at their website and they had 8 or 10 lifts specific for motorcycles.

Ping the COG-Online Admin. He uses, I believe, one of Harbor Freight's stands quite regularly. When he's not converting litres to gallons to miles to kilometers, that is.

When he's not converting litres to gallons to miles to kilometers
I "resemble" that remark! I can vouch for the HF 1000lb Lift. If you get the timing right and use one of there 20% off vouchers when its on discount you can purchase their lift for around $200 Its the best piece of equipment I have ever bought. Just make sure you strap it down! 700lb of Connie losing its balance at 3' off the ground is not good! TIP: When you go to pick it up as them to open the box take the lift out of the box load it in the back of your truck or Subaru Outback or what ever and let then dispose of the packing crate! :) Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

As usual I took the rode less traveled and got a Harbor Freight engine hoist, the kind with the legs that fold up to save floor space when not in use. $150 on sale. I just strap around the frame up forward and have a chain setup that attaches to the rear subframe and I lift the bike up. It won't tip over, and I can use the hoist for other stuff, like loaning to friends to pull the engines out of their Suzuki Samuri's, etc.

red neck bike hoist. Hook one ratchet tie-down around frame in front of tank, careful of wires and cables, the other to each grab Handel by bags. running them over rafters or good shade tree limbs. crank em up. Be careful letting them back down. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

like this 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

I would normally make some comment here about "Kids don't try this at home, we're professional rednecks" or some such thing. Except, the thing is, I kinda used this method to get a Concours off a trailer once when we lost the friggin' ramp. What was a Concours doing on the triler, you ask? Mostly leaking oil out of a broken oil cooler line. That was the least of its problems. Not to mention we now had to buy the trailer owner a new ramp. But I digress..... Oh look, it's lunch time.