• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New 2014 CB1100

m in sc

Street Cruiser
Picked this up Saturday, brand new at dealership, cost 6614 out the door, traded in the ktm390 so got some of that price.  concours is just too miserable on 90 degree days with any traffic or in-town use, sorry, but ech. (unless road tripping)

its really nice, very very happy with it. Honda had a bunch of these sitting in the warehouse, and forced dealers to take them so deals can be had. New these msrpd for 10,900, new ones are 12k ish pre dealer fees/etc bs add ons and tax.

Attachments

• Resized_20180702_110708.jpg
    Resized_20180702_110708.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 221
Nice find.
Seen only a few around but nice to see the retro look. ;)
I had the same type of deal back in the day.
Found a 1982 KZ1000J, in 1984 as a factory left over. Out the door for $1999. One bike I wish I still had.

Enjoy
I have to "suffer" on my DR650 on the really hot days :))

Nice ride Mark!  That's another one that I'd like to have in the garage.  You shoulda got red though......just sayin. :nananana: :nananana: :))

Jeezus, 4 years old new. Did they replace all the fluids? I’m sure the tires are still good, but have fun burning them up in the next couple season, before they “expire”.

Congrats!

well, i have a 170 miles on it as of today. as far as fluids, no. original except they did give me a new full tank of fuel. I am going to flush the brake and clutch fluid though, its pretty dark. oil is fine, no worries there

tires still seem really good. this was def stored in a climate controlled warehouse. i figure i'll get a year or 2 out of the shoes.

regarding the red... when i saw one in real life the 1st time.. about 4 years ago, it was red. from the press pics i loved it. in real life, not so much.  I remember really being disappointed. I actually at the time owned a 75 CB400SS, in red, and the line on the 1100 just wasn't right by comparison. the 1st back one i saw first hand was about a year and a half ago, and it is MUCH better, to me. theres a small grey and red stripe on the top like of the tank, and there's a light sunburst red on the badge you really cant see in pics. its VERY tastefully done, and i loved it. 

I really like this thing. it rides great, has plenty of oomph, they got the fuel injection and tuning sorted well. there's plenty of go-fast parts out there, and it may get a powercommander and desnorkel on the airfilter soon enough, maybe, but not much more. i can confirm it will do 80 in second gear. lol. luckily, its also a 6 speed ( i guess 13-back they were 5 speeds?)

id def recommend it as a good solid naked standard.

all said and done, for 6600 bucks its extremely hard to beat for a new bike..

I would ride the he** out of that bike, good find! You could customize it and probably drop 80 lbs pretty easily.

Living in the days of $5000 400's, I'd say 6600 is just about stealing it!  :great: Hows about some pics of the tank details you mentioned?

Bud said:
Living in the days of $5000 400's, I'd say 6600 is just about stealing it!  :great: Hows about some pics of the tank details you mentioned?

DSCI0499_zpsrvcxr9wo.jpg

DSCI0498_zpsdkktwk3v.jpg

DSCI0500_zps7qpilnms.jpg

this shot is kind of interesting because it shows how narrow the seat shapes down/in for shorter riders. i have a 30" inseam and have no problems.

DSCI0495_zpssp6eak6a.jpg

Damn....I just damaged the keyboard on my new laptop drooling all over it.  Love the "new retro" bikes.

Nosmo said:
Damn....I just damaged the keyboard on my new laptop drooling all over it.  Love the "new retro" bikes.
I agree.  Damn that is perty!  The stripes really do set it off!  So what does the current herd consist of?

thanks.  I think honda marketing missed an important factor in not showing the lines of the bike. in the pictures, you cant see the dimensional differences, and the offsets and contours just dont show up. I think thats why everybody went for the red ones. also, on the 'deluxe' models (the red ones) the top of the tank is taller, and the ridge is much more pronounced. when i saw one back in '14, i didnt like it nearly as much as i thought i would going by press photos. when i finally saw a black one last year in person, i was like 'damn, thats nice'.

what do i currently still own?

74 rd350 lc special (white bike in picture background)
74? rd350 monospine aircooled special
70 yamaha r5- stock
70 yamaha hs1 (90cc twin)
71 kawasaki g3ss with cr85 motor and full race fairing
67 kawasaki c2tr- stock
84 yamaha RZ350 red/white/blue rz350- stock looking, warmed over here and there.  :motonoises:
99 concours :stock
72 suzuki T500 - stock
'14 honda grom, very modified
they are all assembled, running, rideable ready to go.

m in sc said:
thanks.  I think honda marketing missed an important factor in not showing the lines of the bike. in the pictures, you cant see the dimensional differences, and the offsets and contours just dont show up. I think thats why everybody went for the red ones. also, on the 'deluxe' models (the red ones) the top of the tank is taller, and the ridge is much more pronounced. when i saw one back in '14, i didnt like it nearly as much as i thought i would going by press photos. when i finally saw a black one last year in person, i was like 'damn, thats nice'.

what do i currently still own?

74 rd350 lc special (white bike in picture background)
74? rd350 monospine aircooled special
70 yamaha r5- stock
70 yamaha hs1 (90cc twin)
71 kawasaki g3ss with cr85 motor and full race fairing
67 kawasaki c2tr- stock
84 yamaha RZ350 red/white/blue rz350- stock looking, warmed over here and there.  :motonoises:
99 concours :stock
72 suzuki T500 - stock
'14 honda grom, very modified
they are all assembled, running, rideable ready to go.
I'll be right over! :motonoises: :motonoises:

as warm as its been, the concours has been taking a back seat as far as riding goes, so did a trip up to the parkway on the cb.  nice having the wind in my face, it did brilliant all day. 

parkway-7-28-18_03_zpslenls0u4.jpg

38020865_2151901744838207_8036742091310628864_n_zps1btfkj8o.jpg

ran across a gentleman riding a 41 indian 4 on the parkway. how cool is this?

parkway-7-28-18_09_zpsjtnfe4qm.jpg

weather couldn't have been better.

parkway-7-28-18_05_zpsqbfzhfmo.jpg

That '41 Indian 4 looks amazing!! Pic makes it look better than new, love the exhaust routing.

When you bought the CB was it still in the crate?  When I picked up my 2014 CTX1300 it was still in the crate.

GKreamer said:
When you bought the CB was it still in the crate?  When I picked up my 2014 CTX1300 it was still in the crate.
  funny you ask...
usually when i buy new i have them deliver it in the crate as i usually trust nobody to turn a wrench on anything i own. However, this time, i asked them to clean it and prep, and it was covered in some crap that resembled coconut oil when they were done with it, tire pressures were at 45 psi (!). last time i get that done. out of all the new bikes ive bought this was the only one i asked to be prepped. big mistake imho. only had 1 mile on the odo though.

Man that 1 mile on the odometer is pretty sweet!  Mine was at 0 and we had to tell my bank (NFCU) it had 1 as they can't put zero in for some reason.  The guy on the phone was confused how a 2014 could still be new in 2018...