• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New central Arkansas Connie owner

semery2002648

2021 Connie bought new, have 1600 miles in the month and a half I have had it. Last bike was a 2006 fjr1300 I sold 10 years ago when son was born. Bar risers only addition so far. Puig windshield coming. Loving the bike so far except for the twitchy low speed on off throttle and abrupt on off throttle/decel in twisties. Looks like flash is the way to so will probably be giving Steve a call before long. Other than that great bike! Look forward to some of the rides you guys have planned if time allows for me to make them.

Best
Shane

Attachments

• 10106992-5E98-43CD-A93B-C191EAF980A0.jpeg
    10106992-5E98-43CD-A93B-C191EAF980A0.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 127
Congratulations Shane. Your gonna like it here....
We're doing a ride in your part of the woods in October. (Clinton Arkansas)
Come ride with us!

Ride safe, Ted

That's awesome, Shane; congrats! Ted has already mentioned a ride near you in the fall.

Hey, and the National Rally is in your state next year. Woo hoo!

I saw both of those rides and schedule permitting will hopefully make both. There seems to be a wealth of information here and genuinely good folks as well. The bike is great now to just get the slow speed herky jerky business worked out should be a great ride for many years. Ted and road runner thanks for the welcoming!
Best
Shane

Shane welcome!

Your son looks proud in the picture - I hope that second helmet is for him? Lots of great memories you two can make together, start him now and have a riding buddy for life! Your wife ride as well?

I ride two-up +98% of the time, my wife and I appreciate the step up to the Penske rear shock as current factory sprung shock is simply too weak. We tip the scales scales, together fully geared up, at 420# and to not constantly bottom out on factory shock / spring needed to crank up the tension which is no good for the crap roads we have here in PA and also helps contribute to eating tires.

Welcome, enjoy, share your thoughts as you continue to get to know your new machine.

Wayne, Carol and ‘Blue’