• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Easist Maintenance

Brett0769

Street Cruiser
My former easiest maintenance item on my Concours was changing the headlight bulb, followed closely by steering head adjustment. My new easiest maintenance item by far though, is changing the front brake pads. Lessons learned: 1) Read the instructions carefully, multiple times and compare the pics. The first one took me 15 minutes to figure it out because I had juxtaposed the two pads in my mind. With that behind me, the second took 3 minutes. 2) Brake parts cleaner burns like hell when you screw up and let it run down your arm. If it happens to you, stop, drop and wash. The reason it overtook headlight bulb is because everything is easily visible while you're working. Some of the bulb changing was done entirely by feel to avoid removing anything. That and I got some scratches on my hand too from tight spaces around my big meaty paws.

easiest for me is pulling / jetting / reinstalling carbs. I have done it so many times, they seem to be held in with velcro. Steve Shleper of the 7th gear unit and performance exhaust cam sprockets. My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!

Good job Brett! Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250