• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

new guy augusta,georgia

maverick9611

“tryin not to get old”
picked a 08 connie yesterday with 11,900 miles. more of a motard guy but long hauls in the mountains have really been beating me up. i have news, radiator screen on the way. headin to deal's gap in late september. thanx for having me and will be getting a membership soon.
other bikes:
2011 husky 630 sms. 2008 klr 692 motard, 2008 ninja 250r

:welcome: aboard & congratulations on the new to you bike!  :beerchug:  It just amazes at the bikes that turn up with virtually no miles on them.

You should consider coming to RWTW weekend after labor day at T.W.O. in Suches. You'll meet a lot of good people!  :)

:welcome: aboard & congratulations on the new to you bike! :beerchug: It just amazes at the bikes that turn up with virtually no miles on them.

You should consider coming to RWTW weekend after labor day at T.W.O. in Suches. You'll meet a lot of good people! :)
i'm locked for deals gap 24th-26th. we do all the rides in the area. skyway,foothills, moonshiner 28. we are will do the rattler hwy209 out of maggie valley to hot springs. i like copperhead road in northern tenn the best. hope to hook up soon.

Last edited:
glad i got the tires changed out before for my big ride last week. the conti's had uneven tire wear. maybe driven along time underinflated. when i turned it felt like a 100 pound weight was applied to side turning. i went with shinko apex's. on copperhead i held back for a 100 miles to break em in, after that i started to hit the corners quite hard. bike feels like a middleweight. super stable and good low end grunt.

we did copperhead northern tenn. 5 mountain ranges 600 curves. connie ran great. i'm impressed how easy it is to ride.
chicken strips starting

Last edited:
i plan on doing ivans reflash soon. went with keyless gascap. i snakeskin'd the tank and panniers. has two brothers can on it. stainless mesh reusable oil filter from schnitz.radiator screen mounted. flushed cooling system reloaded with evans waterless coolant. more to come soon.
kisan headlight modulator and rear brake flasher. also el cheapo radar detector;)