• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New license plates

Shipple88

Got my new license plates today

Attachments

• PhotoEditor_20190430_141414175_resized_1.jpg
    PhotoEditor_20190430_141414175_resized_1.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 108
That is nice. I like it. but makes it easier for the cops to remember the plate when you zoon by them in traffic. I always recommend hexadecimal plates.

DC Concours said:
That is nice. I like it. but makes it easier for the cops to remember the plate when you zoon by them in traffic. I always recommend hexadecimal plates.

:-\ Is googling "hexadecimal plates".

Ah yes, Virginia, the land of the vanity plate.

You don't see many in Maryland because of cost.

Yep, you noticed that too huh. I just moved from Rockville MD to Lynchburg VA.  I think its $10 a year.  Cheap enough that I didnt pay attention.
Cool avatar, I have that as a sticker on the back of my CTX700.

Shipple88 said:
Yep, you noticed that too huh. I just moved from Rockville MD to Lynchburg VA.  I think its $10 a year.  Cheap enough that I didnt pay attention.
Cool avatar, I have that as a sticker on the back of my CTX700.

yeah, it is the land of "vanity plates", and always interesting to see them... ;)
all my vehicles ( 3 out of 4 bikes, and 2 out of 3 trucks) wore them... until I realized that you pay that "additional fee" everytime you get a "registration sticker"... then it starts to really add up...
:-\ :-\ :-\
add in the mandatory inspection fees, and the "annually collected county luxury tax" on all of the vehicles, and you cry... big tears...
:'(

I have all my Va. plates on the wall, here in Ohio again;
DAWG LB1
DAWG LB2
ZDAWGZ
ZDAWG2
COGZLA

Cool avatar, I have that as a sticker on the back of my CTX700

Thanks. I kinda stole it from those popular stickers. I still think MD has the prettiest state flag in the US.  :)

MD has one thing I like... one vehicle safety inspection when you buy or move to MD. Then you can run the car into the ground and no one cares!! Ofcourse the police can ticket you but otherwise no annual safety insp like in VA.

I like that. Depending on who you talk to here in Ohio we either have or don't have vanity bike plates. I've been attempting to get them for over 30 years. No inspections here either. Local taxes are twice the cost of the actual plates and stickers each year.

Strawboss said:
I like that. Depending on who you talk to here in Ohio we either have or don't have vanity bike plates. I've been attempting to get them for over 30 years. No inspections here either. Local taxes are twice the cost of the actual plates and stickers each year.

:??: :??: :??:

I'm missing sumpin' Dave, what did you mean by that, about taxes?

heck, we only buy a sticker, or a plate and a sticker.. (and yes, we do have "custom plates" available..) here in Ohio...

what is this "Tax" you speak of?
Va, was different... they raped ya every year....

Local jurisdictions tack on what is called a "local" tax, which means that anywhere in Ohio there could be wildly varied prices on what someone would pay to renew their tags each year. I think to renew a bike plate is, what, $26? Because I live in North Olmsted, I pay a "local" tax of $25 in addition to the renewal cost.

Strawboss said:
Local jurisdictions tack on what is called a "local" tax, which means that anywhere in Ohio there could be wildly varied prices on what someone would pay to renew their tags each year. I think to renew a bike plate is, what, $26? Because I live in North Olmsted, I pay a "local" tax of $25 in addition to the renewal cost.

OH, I get what you are saying, looking at my registration now, seeing
State Fee:  $25
Local Tax:  $20
Refl./Co. Fee  $0
Deputy Fee:  $3.50

Total $48.50

meh... my trucks costs about $20 more..each

still, it beats my Va. yearly "cashectomy", which was
$20 inspection...annually... mandatory.
approx (can't remember exactly) $60 plate sticker
Personal Property $3.65/100 assessed value "tax" by county (all differ based on actual age and value paid for bike/car)
you can calculate how much the got, on my $14k bike, when I bought it.. and it never really went down by more than $10 per year, thru the time I lived there..
my '78 Kz finally became exempt in 2008... and all I did was "bring it to Va" when I moved there in '01..

Well, count yourselves lucky.  The initial personalized plate in WA costs $106.75 and renewals go for $66.75. 

Its only money, right?

Gilbysan

Attachments

• FATNJA.jpg
    FATNJA.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 141
I like the plate but hate the gaudy ad around the plate. I always trash those things right after I leave the dealer. Why should they get free advertising?  :)

The vanity plate is cool.....just like your bike.  Yep it's only money.  I do agree that the dealer license plate frame should go in the trash........unless there are dealer perks for advertising! ;D

Being a classy guy, I had 1 built years ago,, that suits me perfectly..

Sez;  Horn Broken
        Watch for Finger

Ride safe, Ted